1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why you should shoot at our Club...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by spitter, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

So... we've got threads about Clubs we don't want to shoot at; and Clubs we do shoot at; but why should I come to your Club/range?! I'll start...

If you're in Chicago or the near western suburbs, come out and see us in Naperville IL. From out of state and don't travel with your shotgun and aren't precluded from possessing one, show me some ID and I'll lend you my guest gun.

At Naperville, we're like "Cheers", where everyone knows your name. If you're a new guest, by the end of the night, we'll be on a first name basis...

We've got Pat Traps w/Canterbury systems and good lights at night. We don't mess around waiting on squads - squads sign up and get called promptly. The guys who set the targets, do a nice job whether we're shooting practice, leagues or registered.

As a public range, with walk-in traffic, we see new folks all the time - I think that forces us to be more sensitive. No "Donnas" (as in primadonnas) allowed at Naperville... regardless of your ability... you find someone who shoots just like you!

Come and visit... ya hear!

regards to all,

Jay

2. spitter

Now this is a problem... 40 looks and no one has a club/range I should shoot at?! Come on now, ante up!

regards to all,

Jay

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Jay,
    What do we do about shells at Naperville?

4. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Spitter can give the specifics but I believe from previous posts that Naperville is a steel shot only range. This really isn't a problem. I've shot steel shot at target before. Colonel

5. spitter

We stock 12/20 gauge Winchester Xpert steel at $7/bx incl tax. You're encouraged to bring in your own reloaded steel shells in a #7/#6 1200-1325 FPS recipe or factory shells (e.g. Winchester Xpert Steel, Remington Sportsman Steel or Federal steel shells)... we'll check 'em for steel, but they're welcome!

For those a bit squeamish about throwing steel through your gun, take me up on my offer to shoot one of mine - my guest gun is a 34" BT99 in laminate/nickle or my regular - 34" 90T... if you're out on a Thursday, stick around for our "Dove"... 8 shooting positions, 45-70 yard target presentations - a gas!

Thanks for asking! Thanks Colonel for your input!

Jay

6. spitter

450 peeks...

There have got to be a 100 Clubs I should want to come and visit... where are YOU?!

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.