1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why we have an oil crisis ???

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by H82MIS, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

time for some new dipshits,,,,,,er,,,, I mean dipsticks,,,,,,,,

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

To keep the price at the pump up and out of reason.

If we the people conserve, the price will go up.

If the government forces higher mileage for autos and trucks, the price will go up.

When was the last refinerie built? hint: long time ago!

3. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Republicans spew the "drill baby drill" crap out like nobody's business, but they really wont ever try to start drilling in those areas. The goal is to keep all our oil untapped until the world is really strapped for oil and in trouble and who will have all the oil left? Oh yeah, the US. Good or bad I'm not sure, but that's certainly the plan!
    -Trappy

4. Keith Uffelmann

Keith Uffelmann Member

Last Refinery built from dirt Mobil Oil, Joliet, IL 1975

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Its the "greenies" and government red tape that keep us from our own resouces!! ie, oil, timber, coal, mining in general. The party's are about playing politics! not solving problems!

Why is Halaburton still in the thick of things when under the 6 years of Bush, it was a Bush/Chenny money scheme to benifit them, THEY were in bed with Halaburton, I recall being said about it all. Oh ya, the war was about OIL, the lib's said!!!

6. oz

oz Active Member

the stock market sets the prices to line their pockets. (futures) oz

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

There's no competition in the oil business these days.

If the oldtime independents were still in business they would hustle for customers. Not anymore. 60+ years ago when I worked in a Standard Station we had a company song that went "Kick the H out of SHELL and sell, sell, sell - -".

BP has tied up Alaska oil leases for 30 years without drilling. Sarah Palin told them to start producing or the leases would be cancelled.

Service stations that sell only domestic products would be very popular with the public.

8. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Trappy I like your new thinking but I dont think that willhappen. The govt wants foreign oil. The taxes are what they want, think about oil, ethanol and other goodies we import. It gives them money they dont have to account to anyone for, think along those lines, see what you come up with. Lee

9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Oil, natural gas and coal, these are the only equitable items we have to borrow on from the rest of the world.

China will come a calling for payment and that is what they are banking on.

Our strategic oil reserves are back to full, thanks to Bush.

George Soros is Hussein Obama's Boss Man, case ya didn't know.

10. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Its a fact that all honest geologist will tell you this.
    The earth keeps on making oil every day. It has never stopped making it. YOU CAN'T stop making it. Its almost in every location on earth.
    Oil seeps into the diffent levels of the earth and the pockest work like a sponge. When one hole goes dry it gets capped. Just depends on how big the depression is before the hole is sucked dry. Oil companies move onto another area to sink another pipe for anothe gusher. This is why the pipes are not pulled out of the ground or seabed. The more holes the more continued hookup they can go back two in the future without the expense.
    The honest ones will tell you we will never run out of oil. No matter how hard we would try we will never run out of oil. It is continually made by the hot core of the earth and it never stops. Its like a recycle of the waste of what is decaying on top. It may take millions of years of cooking but the good ole earth is millions of years ahead of us humans.
    As long as peoples attention is keepet away from the real answer the longer the oil companies benfit.
    One more thing. When you control pricing of oil by regulating the inventory, isn't that call a monoploy.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

b12, I would like a source for any information you have concerning your post.

I want to be able to quote to a couple of greenie friends.

HM

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

They should not shut down the leaking well in the gulf. They should hook that baby up, and pump oil. The profits can go to the states that had shoreline clean up and lost revenue, and all the employees on the rig should be from Louisiana. Create some jobs, make some money, help pay for the mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.