1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Trayvon was there in the first place.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Jul 17, 2013.

1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why Travvon was there in the first place?

How a Miami School Crime Cover-Up Policy Led to Trayvon Martin’s Death.

By Robert Stacy McCain on 7.15.13 @ 1:05AM

The February 2012 shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martion might never have happened if school officials in Miami-Dade County had not instituted an unofficial policy of treating crimes as school disciplinary infractions.

Revelations that emerged from an internal affairs investigation explain why Martin was not arrested when caught at school with stolen jewelry in October 2011 or with marijuana in February 2012. Instead, the teenager was suspended from school, the last time just days before he was shot dead by George Zimmerman.

Trayvon Martin was not from Sanford, the town north of Orlando where he was shot in 2012 and where a jury acquitted Zimmerman of murder charges Saturday. Martin was from Miami Gardens, more than 200 miles away, and had come to Sanford to stay with his father’s girlfriend Brandy Green at her home in the townhouse community where Zimmerman was in charge of the neighborhood watch. Trayvon was staying with Green after he had been suspended for the second time in six months from Krop High School in Miami-Dade County, where both his father, Tracy Martin, and mother, Sybrina Fulton, lived.

Both of Trayvon’s suspensions during his junior year at Krop High involved crimes that could have led to his prosecution as a juvenile offender. However, Chief Charles Hurley of the Miami-Dade School Police Department (MDSPD) in 2010 had implemented a policy that reduced the number of criiminal reports, manipulating statistics to create the appearance of a reduction in crime within the school system. Less than two weeks before Martin’s death, the school system commended Chief Hurley for “decreasing school-related juvenile delinquency by an impressive 60 percent for the last six months of 2011.” What was actually happening was that crimes were not being reported as crimes, but instead treated as disciplinary infractions.

In October 2011, after a video surveillance camera caught Martin writing graffiti on a door, MDSPD Office Darryl Dunn searched Martin’s backpack, looking for the marker he had used. Officer Dunn found 12 pieces of women’s jewelry and a man’s watch, along with a flathead screwdriver the officer described as a “burglary tool.” The jewelry and watch, which Martin claimed he had gotten from a friend he refused to name, matched a description of items stolen during the October 2011 burglary of a house on 204th Terrace, about a half-mile from the school. However, because of Chief Hurley’s policy “to lower the arrest rates,” as one MDSPD sergeant said in an internal investigation, the stolen jewerly was instead listed as “found property” and was never reported to Miami-Dade Police who were investigating the burglary. Similarly, in February 2012 when an MDSPD officer caught Martin with a small plastic bag containing marijuana residue, as well as a marijuana pipe, this was not treated as a crime, and instead Martin was suspended from school.

Either of those incidents could have put Trayvon Martin into the custody of the juvenile justice system. However, because of Chief Hurley’s attempt to reduce the school crime statistics — according to sworn testimony, officers were “basically told to lie and falsify” reports — Martin was never arrested. And if he had been arrested, he might never have been in Sanford the night of his fatal encounter with Zimmerman.

In fact, the reason Zimmerman was patrolling the townhouse community the night of the February 2012 shooting was that there had been a rash of burglaries in the neighborhood, although there was no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any of those crimes.

As for Chief Hurley’s policy, it was the controversy over Martin’s death that accidentally exposed it. In March 2012, the Miami Herald reported on Martin’s troubled history of disciplinary incidents at Krop High. Chief Hurley then launched the internal affairs investigation in an attempt to find out who had provided information to the reporter. During the course of that investigation, MDSPD officers and supervisors described Chief Hurley’s policy of not reporting crimes by students. Chief Hurley was subsequently accused of sexually harassing two female subordinates. He resigned in February, about a year after Trayvon Martin’s death.

2. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

So troublemaker Al Sharpton is now crusading for a teen thug burglar juvinile delinquent after defending liar Tawana Brawley and the angel in the duke lacrosse incident. Al. do you ever defend anyone who is not a criminal? ed

3. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Every one in the USA should read this.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Copy and paste it. Then send it to everyone in your address book. Bulge.

5. tomc66

tomc66 Member

It is my understanding that Trayvon was living with his father who was staying at the home of his fiancee,and lived in the neighborhood.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Was not living with. He was visiting. Bulge.

7. Millwright

Millwright Member

Sort of off topic but does George Zimmerman appear to be more Hispanic than Caucasian, and if indeed he is, then what the hell grounds do Sharpton and Jackson have calling for a stand against "whites"? Maybe I missed something some where but it sure seems to me like this incident was just "close enough" to what the "real racists" needed for an excuse to stir shit up......but like I said, maybe I missed something.

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Yes, George Z. is of Hispanic origins. His Mother speaks with a heavy hispanic accent. Your thoughts and mine are identical, he is being used to accomodate the Race baiters needs,
    Throw the Country into a race war then O can declare Marshall Law. Bulge.

9. beeper

beeper Member

Barrelbulge(PA) yes I will copy and paste it and send it to every bigot I know.
    Trayvon is dead and Zimmerman was found not guilty. What are you accomplishing by posting this crap?

beeper

10. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hmmm. I think Bulge posted this so we were better informed.

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Barrelbulge(PA) yes I will copy and paste it and send it to every bigot I know. Trayvon is dead and Zimmerman was found not guilty. What are you accomplishing by posting this crap?"

Well baloney bopper, you wanna call someone a racist, bigot and unpatriotic. Just what is your Liberal turd Eric Holder doing?? Talk about unpatriotic, the Court has spoken and this idiot won't let it go because he is a racist pos. They won't let it go until they can find something or somehow to convict Zimmerman of something. Talk about a lowlife pos. The criminal Holder himself should be in prison for murder. Talk about double standard. .

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If religeon can't be assocaited with politics, neither should race. We need a new ammendment. The Government should not Race bait or place preference to race in any matter!

We all pay taxes. The Government should not be allowed to take race preference steps in Civil rights cases or any of it's actions.

And why is Holder speaking at the NAACP???????

13. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

If what Barrelbulge posted is true it may be the motive why Zimmerman got jumped. True Zimmerman should have informed the kid he was a member of the community watch. The kid may have thought he was being followed by a chicken hawk who wanted to get kinky. Why Marin did not call 911 and tell them he was being followed is questionable. We will never know what really happened. The bottom line is let the truth be known no matter which why it goes. With one of the parties dead both of their lives should be open for analysis and let the cards fall where they may. The antigun people are going to milk this for everything they can get from it. If Zimmerman set the kid up for a fall one can only hope he will get his just reward. I hope he does not get a movie deal! We will probably never see this information (if true) on 60 minutes or even FoX News.

14. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"And why is Holder speaking at the NAACP???????"

Birds of a feather flock together!
    They won't hold him in contempt!
    They won't ask hard questions!

What I would like to know is, What's with the organ grinder being played when he ends a statement???

15. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Don't you think he'd look cute with one of those little red pillbox hats?

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Aw, poor widdle beepers feewings are hurted cuz da big bad Georgie wasn't convicted.

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Beeper, thank you for your promise to copy and paste, then send to all the bigots you know. It probably would not be a good idea to send it to your liberal friends as they may not understand it, and if they did, you would probably get a lot of flack from them. Bulge.

18. bsekf

bsekf Member

I have searched and it appears the above information is correct.

I quote "In fact, the reason Zimmerman was patrolling the townhouse community the night of the February 2012 shooting was that there had been a rash of burglaries in the neighborhood, although there was no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any of those crimes."

My question, Did the "rash of burglaries in the neighborhood" stop after Feb. 2012?

19. drgondog

drgondog Member

Beeper - the reason the information is relevant is because this data was prevented from being introduced as evidence, as were the photos and text from his cellphone, as were all data regarding his affiliations with Miami Gangs.

In other words the prosecution withheld evidence and the evidence turned over by the State IT director working for Prosecutor Corey was suppressed, and the Judge supported all those actions -

A concerted effort to present Trayvon as a child and Zimmerman as a racist..

Wait and watch as the defense team sanctions move through the process of disbarment for the Prosecutors.

20. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Zimmerman is Peruvian. Father caucasion, mother from Peru. The media has it half right.

Search tags for this page

did the burglaries stop after trayvon