1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

why the different ribs on the cynergy trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

the used cynergy trap I saw at Kittery Trading Post in ME has a different rib than the O/U in the trap combo, any reason why?<center>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    </center>

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Different rib, different stock, different model! Browning's XT Unsingle Combo is also vastly different than the standard XT.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The reason for the different ribs on O/U's is the rib height of the unsingle dictates the rib height of the O/U's. The two need to be the same height on a combo gun. For whatever givin reason, Browning settled on a height for the unsingle and then adjusted the O'U's to match.

ec90t

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

The XT and the XT combo seem to have the same rib on the O/U model. I like the looks of the cynergy, I really wish they did something a tad different with the forend on the cynergy, to XTish. Something a bit more like the original cynergy.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

ec90t, I dont really get how that works, but so far best reason. Then why the adjustable rib is my secound question and my 3Q is the ribs do not apear to match on the combo especially at the reciever end. 4th Why not the high rib on the Cynergy Trap??

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The XT Unsingle O/U barrel has a much higher rib than the standard XT.

The Unsingle is also considerably heavier, which is not a bad thing for a dedicated trap gun. The Unsingle has a magic device in it that makes the recoil go away! Really.

I use the standard XT pictured for Bunker and Skeet. The Trap Combo is too portly for Bunker.

I have shot some decent scores with the XT on Skeet and Bunker.

Yes, the wood is special on both guns. I primarily bought the standard XT because of the wood, then discovered how supremely well it shoots. I still give the fellow who sold it to me grief about it!

It, and the Unsingle caused me to sell my high grade K-80. LOL

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

AHHHH, more noticable with a side by side, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.