1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the categories on TS / OK I get it

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Claymuncher, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

I am just curious and being real careful not to wonder to hard but why all the different categories if they all go to the same place when you post a thread? Don't they? Or maybe I have not posted in enough different categories?

What am I missing?

CM

Shooting Related Threads (For Shooting Related Threads, NO FOR SALE ITEMS!)
    Shoot Information, Programs & Results (For Shoot Information, Prograns & Results Threads, NO FOR SALE ITEMS!)
    For Sale Threads (For Sale Threads)
    Want to Buy/Trade Threads (Want to Buy, and Want to Trade Threads)
    Politics, Elections & Legislation (For Political, Election and Legislation Related Threads)
    Off Topic Threads (For All Other Threads

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

If you use catagory view, they don't all go to the same place.

3. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Well I'll be a dumby, I have never used that as I guess I want to see it all. Thanks

CM

4. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

There are categories because not everyone wants to read the for sale threads and not everyone wants to read the political threads. So David (the webmaster) separated them and gave everyone an easy way to deal with each category. It still amazes me how many people ignore the categories when they are posting a thread. You'll see for sale threads in with trap discussion threads and you'll see off topic threads in with the for sale items, etc.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You can still see it all, you just go to the topic of your interest. I also find it amazing the people who can't follow the simple instructions for posting a thread. Heck it even asks you a second time to double check you have put your thread in the correct category. I guess given the basic first grade grammar errors posted here on a normal basis, it should not be surprising.

6. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

You can still see it all, you just go to the topic of your interest. I also find it amazing the people who can't follow the simple instructions for posting a thread. Heck it even asks you a second time to double check you have put your thread in the correct category. I guess given the basic first grade grammar errors posted here on a normal basis, it should not be surprising.

DOUBLE CHECK needs ah hyphone and in the last sentence... IT should be changed to THAT...

Jurst say'in.... HAHA

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

noknock,

I think that was 2nd grade grammer and i quit after 1st grade.

You got me. :)

8. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

In the very very beginning there were no categories. All in ts.com land lived happily on the same page. Then in time came the Outlanders demanding segregation, equal but separate they cried. And so it came to be the Great One from California granted the Outlanders their wish, and came so then the category wars. And in time the spelling and grammar wars ravaged ts.com land, followed by labeling and personal attack and so many wise ones moved on to other lands. So it began and ended.............

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year

Arnold Cloyd Husein Spivens

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Separation simplifies everything, now if the posters would learn to use it as it was meant to be used things would be a lot better for all of us ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Did you ever ask a dumb question and wish it would go away. I know about the categories when posting. I just never hit the categories when searching, and I still don't.

Let it goooooo!

CM

11. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Gives people with nothing better to do something to complain,moan,whine,bitch and bust your balls over.

Corey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.