1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHY SHOULD SHOOTERS OVER 65 GET A PRICE BREAK?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i was at a area gun club today and over heard a conversation that i thought was interesting as i never heard this point of view before. two shooters talking were in their 30's. they were talking about gun clubs that give shooters over 65 either a free yearly membership or a reduced rate membership. they felt the price break should go to anyone under the age of 65, not 65 and over. they said most people under 65 are either just starting out or have family and children to be responsible for. they felt if you are 65 and over, you probably receive a nice retirement pension. they felt with workers losing jobs in today's economy, people under 65 deserve the break not them. they complained not only about breaks on memberships but across the board at fast food chains, movie theatres etc. i am going to be 58 in july, and i am looking forward when i turn 65 to get some type of break on prices. what do you think?
    steve balistreri

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Still getting your threads in the lights huh smoke?! Whatever?! Tom Rhoads

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

is that rapala a floater or a diver?

tony

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

vern- i feel the same.
    steve

5. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

It is interesting to me that WRETA, (Western Regional Elks Trapshooting Association) chose to lower the Veterans age from 65 to 60. This happened two years ago when I was 66. I guess the yuppie generation and those under expect everything to be given to them with out waiting for it. Sign of the times I suppose for the younger generation. I no longer shoot WRETA targets. Post-2

6. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

The things us young people(48)and our children learn from them is payment for the discount.Jerry

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Because little kids get in the movies for less.

HM

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Because they paid their dues. HMB

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am 67 in sept and I enjoy every cost saving offer that comes along. The other day I was at a farm supply store and purchased an item for $1.27 and noticed at checkout a sign stating every tuesday was 10% of for people over 60. I asked for it.

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I'm 66 & I don't believe in any discount based on age. I don't like, the claim of all the seniors I know who scream they are on a fixed income. Most of us don't have any mortage or debt. Don't have to send kids to college. Don't have any medical expenses after age 65. Trying telling a person who is under age 40 they're not on a fixed income. The only discount any club should give is free membership if you burn through 5000 targets a year. Or what ever amount of targets your club decides. Kind of like frequent flyer program. I know people in NYC who are multi-millionaires--go to the senior centers for $1.50/lunches & live in rent controlled apts & they say they are on fixed incomes.

Phil Berkowitz

11. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

"I'm a senior d@mn it, where's my discount!?"

Greedy geezers, the original entitlement generation.

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

If not a discount, shooters over 65 should be given some considerations. If they were required to begin every event on post one, they would not have to walk quits so far. This could help both the seniors and the gun clubs.

Pat Ireland

13. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Because they have grandkids for whom they are paying full price, thus keeping the sport alive.

Joe

14. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've never seen a discount at a gun club for seniors. If someone is doing that, they are the exception not the rule.

15. below 0

below 0 TS Member

I guess that I've never recieved a discount for being in my Golden Years, but would rather see either a major discount or even free targets to our returning military people who have given us all more than we can ever repay...What do you think? Dale

16. 682b

682b Member

When trolling you should not use stink bait it tends to be very transparent. I think you should contact Tron and take a lesson. Since you are not a true senior you will have to pay full price. JIM

17. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Steve, I just turned 58 and am in no hurry to be 65! Not in that big a hurry to save 10% or so. The discounts are great and people that reach retirement age deserve a break on the cost of goods and services. I think that if your a property owner you should receive a break taxes. Not having had kids and owning a home for thirty seven years I'd like a break now. The cost of education in my area is huge as I'm sure it is every where. We all need to pay for quality education but once you reach 55 I think a tax break is in order.

18. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

West Virginia has a couple of percs for those 65 & up; free hunting and fishing. All that's needed is a drivers license or other state-issued photo ID.

19. hard8s

hard8s TS Member

The club I belong to has a very good policy for seniors, After 20 years as a dues paying full member, and reaching the age of 70, you become a paid up Life member.

20. letts

letts TS Member

I am 64 years old. I do not need a discount, I do take it when it is offered. What I do need, is credit for two kills in each round of trap. It would be much eaiser for me to shoot a 100 then! I have a hard time doing better than 23 dead birds.

Letts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.