Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why shot is so high

1K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  JBear 
#1 ·
It's because the supply is low and demand is high. over 75% of lead production goes to batteries.

#2 ·
Reactors are shielded with concrete. It is cheap. If you shielded a reactor with lead it would be so heavy that it would not support itself. They use some lead but not enough to cause the shortage. BTW how much lead is mined in the USA now? Used to be a lot in Missouri around Ironton. None anymore, thanks to your friendly evviron whackos.

Mike

#3 ·
I heard that the reason shot is so high is because the price of lead is high !!!!!! Imagine that !!!!! It seems that the price of lead is high because the Chinese have started making toilet paper out of it and selling it through Wal-Mart. I should add that this consipiracy was concocted by none other than Bush.

#5 ·
Assuming using extra hard shot: 6 lbs. antimony @ $2.40 lb = $14.40. 94 lb. lead @ $0.90 lb. =$84.60. Total raw material = $99 per 100#. Add in manufacturing cost, middleman and dealer profits and you get the answer why it's over $30 a bag. All metals are high now and it may take some time before any relief is in sight.

#8 ·
Pat, did you use to live in the Joplin area? I have lived around the Joplin, Springfield, Nixa area just about my whole life. Still within 35 miles today.

I know what a chat pile is too lol, used to shoot with them as a backstop years and years ago before they started fencing them all in.

John

#11 ·
I posted the US Mining Bu. site here several months ago. What it shows is that the lead mining industry has let their production just match consumption for about the last 3 years. Personally, I believe that they have discovered the "Oilman's" secret - "produce less and charge more, road to riches.."

It's a greed-creed and it's beginning to take the fun out of the shooting that I do.

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.