1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Romney is kaput !!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by 635 G, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

You can't win a street fight against Chicago thugs by playing by the rules---kill the bastards & pick up the pieces later---I fear its too late for the Republicans & its too late for our country.

Phil Berkowitz

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

It all comes down to being the best BS'er and then BSing the most gullible crowds and special interests

3. shootinghero

shootinghero TS Member

Hey Berkowitz,
    You give up that easy and they tattoo a number on you arm. Keep fighting, there is more than a month before the election.

4. warren

warren Member

The country is going bankrupt, the middle east is on fire, we're losing our freedooms, unemployment is way up income is down there is no budget and the senate is going to adjurn without one and taxes are going up, and people are still going to vote for the democrats. I just do not believe it but we will see, it's very hard to believe though.

warren

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Hey Phil, I sent a similar but more descriptive message to his campaign headquarters. He has to fight a street fighter like a street fighter. Get down and get dirty or lose. Mike.

6. lel4866

lel4866 Member

Could you give me an example of what you mean by "down and dirty"? You think calling him a dirty Muslim, born in Kenya, who really hates America is going to convince independents and more conservative democrats to change their vote?

I think you already used those bullets.

Unfortunately, the message of self reliance and hard work isn't going to be as successful with the majority of voters as the message of additional "help" from the government.

OTOH, if he could come up with a "Contract with America" set of proposals that really did show some guts and vision...things like supporting the Fair Tax and eliminating the IRS for individuals, ending crony capitalism (maybe even advocating throwing a few cronies in jail), a detailed plan to protect the borders along with reasons why that helps existing legal immigrants, forcing able bodied welfare recipients to work at some job...I don't know...just more Ron Paul like stuff (including cutting back on stupid defense like bases in Germany).

Hopefully he'll do well in the debates...

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bibi Netanyahu bombing the ragheads and eliciting $7 gas is our only chance.

Just my opinion.

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I think we're toast, but I haven't given up.

lel4866, congratulations, you are one of the few if not the only poster on this site with numbers* in your "handle" who has had a cogent thought.

*Phil - I see you have numbers in your handle too, no offense. You have posted many thoughtful threads. I might have to change my opinion of posters with numbers in their handle. LOL It's a go way back thing.

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Oh yea.... "Contract With America"...... Newt, what ever happened to that?

blade819

10. Snidely54

Snidely54 Member

MAN ALIVE! I read more posts like these and I'll be pouring gas over my head and having a smoke! Every person who gives a crap about this country has to go out and get at least one person who either voted for Obama, or didn't vote at all, to vote Romney. It's not all on his shoulders! We know what we're up against with the liberal media. We need to take this fight to every street in America! It can and must be won...........Off my soap box.

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

"Contract with America"....If it were still in place we wouldn't have the cluster we have now. It was dismantled when the dems and rinos took over congress!

The Dem controlled Senate hasn't passed a budget in 5 YEARS!!! Do you know why?

THEY DON'T WANT TO TAKE CREDIT FOR THE F'D UP ECONOMY SINCE OBAMA TOOK OVER!!!

12. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

The night before the Carter/Reagan election most polls had Carter ahead with a few saying too close to call. It was a freaken landslide. In our subdivision(large one) Romney signs outnumber Obumer by 10 to 1. Get out the vote, have all my grandkids that can vote converted, our family of about 40 votes are 100% Romney.

13. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Here's the unskewed polling data:

http://unskewedpolls.com/

Interesting read.

14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Re-post: I would say that unskewed polling data is about as skewed, as a Shish Kabob. LOL.

It is not a matter of what all is wrong in your eyes with this country. It is more a matter of what the Independent and undecided voters think caused it. It then also becomes a matter of trust, and what, or whom to believe. Far Right, and far Left even out.

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I consider myself an old school liberal. By that, I mean a "liberal" who strongly believes in individual freedoms and a literal, strict, and conservative interpretation of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I no longer believe that Obama represents a type of "liberalism" with which I am confortable and a type of liberalism with which I identify, and I never believed that, in actuality, he did. There has been a paradigm shift. Liberalism to me meant creating a level playing field for all, not providing entitlements for any who do not legitimately need same, but entitlements for all who do. (welfare, aid, unemployment benefits and the like.) Liberalism meant encouraging others to immigrate to this country IF they did so by fair means and had the strengths requisite to improve our great nation and live here without any subsidities after a reasonable time. Liberalism meant keeping sovereign borders, yet being humane and fair with our immediate bordering countries. Liberalism meant a president who will uphold the Constitution of our country and protect our nation from threats from within and without. By contrast, I feel we now have a government that leads via too much intimidation, at times lack of due process, self-righteous unilateral decions, and political correctness as a code word for favoritism and subjectivity in interpreting the law. We no longer have that; to me Obama is simply an individual forcing shop worn economic poicies upon us, that may have worked years ago during extreme economic distress (immediate-post-depression) and egregious attacks circumventing individual civil rights. We no longer have that, but I feel we have forced mandates that allow the government to try and absurdly protect us from ourselves. Liberalism meant, at the very least, protecting the health, welfare, and SAFETY of all who live here.

I hope we find a president, either in November at best, but if not, in the future, who can strengthen the borders, promote access to employment via a positive at home business climate, encouragement to individual states to provide a safety net, read safety net, of health care for those unable to obtain totally private care, and who protects vested retirement funds in all sectors beginning with Social Security. I hope we have a president one day who no longer meddles with the vote getting third rails of stricter laws re. gun ownership, abortion, and the promotes the seperation of state and religion while not attacking or favoring any religious group. I should hope that issues were settled long ago and that we need to move on to much bigger issues vs. pandering for votes. I should hope that we have a president that considers and promotes all practical and safe forms of energy independence, including in country drilling. I should hope we have a president who puts contingencies (reciprical responsibilities) on those who need and receive social programs such as unemployment, aid to the allegedly needy, (many of whom are legitimate), and I hope we have a president who reviews the poor support needy and legitimately worthy veterans receive and increases such support.

I should hope that we have a president who reviews and initiates the needed regulations, reforms, and laws to be placed upon Wall Street and upon banks.

Gosh, is that asking to much? Are we not and can we not continue to be a great nation that can continue to reflect excellence in social and economic and military policies with a primary motive of pride and honor to set an example of excellence for the rest of the world?

Is that really too much to ask for the this greatest nation on G-d's green earth? Where and who is that person; I think it is hardly Obama, and if it is Romney, I hope his leadership acumen and "chops" are stronger than his perceived abilities in campaigning. Or are we simply at a point of mediocraty wherein we must simply no longer vote for any incubent due to the stagnation of our political acumen and diminished integrity of too many of our elected leaders?

Is that too much to ask?

(No, I didn't vote for "him" last time, but voted third party in protest.)

(And, interstingly and surprisingly, the labeled "liberal" newspaper, the L.A. Times, in a recent editorial, indicated less than approval of either candidate and did not implicitly suggest endorsement of either.)

16. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

My sign on number stands for the USS SAM RAYBURN -SSBN 635 (Gold)
    the best boat & crew I ever served with.

Phil Berkowitz ICC (SS)USNR-retired

17. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Famous quote "it's not who votes that is important but rather who counts the votes" Karl Marx as interrupted by acorn!!

18. dhip

dhip Active Member

IF Mitt would just keep his mouth shut,get rid of all videos that may exist,maybe,just maybe he'd have a chance.From what I've heard and seen so far,either him or his running partner have too much of the stick foot in mouth disease.Sheesh the more I hear them talk ,the more confused I get.Granted,what we have now seems to be a sinking ship,but heck,I don't want to get in one that continues to torpedo itself either.

Doug H.

19. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Chango2 - I agree with you. The problem is - when a politician does what is necessary to balance the budget he will not be re-elected.

I don;t think we have a prayer of getting the budget balanced.

Look ahead - we are borrowing 40% of the money we are spending. That means cutting all government programs by 40% just to get a balance and that would not be paying back any of the money owed.

Leave Social Security and Medicare alone. The funds for these programs are paid by payroll tax deductions. To get the payroll tax deductions high enough we must stimulate jobs. Go after the fair trade treaties and force the competitive countries to drop tariffs on our exports to them, force them to follow clean environment rules, force them to use fair labor practices and force the other governments to stop funding their companies products in an effort to put our similar companies out of business.

Regulations on USA companies must be dropped so that we can get production back in the USA. Without production we will never balance the budget or stabilize the import to export business.

All federal agencies must be cut by 50%. This will mean reworking the income tax codes and reducing other agencies.

We must wake up - we are not too big to fail.

Buy gold and silver coins. Our money will collapse in the not distant future.

20. dhip

dhip Active Member

slowdp

Don't forget,the interest on what we owe is more than the country takes in already.Cut wages of congress in half,eliminate government heatlth care for them and it actually makes balancing the budget feasible,oh,and NO government pension,by the time they make it to congress they have enough stash they really don't need a pension.The CLASS that is ruining the country is never mentioned.The Political Class,dems,Reps,all political partie make up the NEW unseen CLASS,they only take care of themselves.Forget the rich versus middle classes The one that needs dismantled is that UNSEEN class.The Politcal Class.

Doug H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.