1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

why remington wad price, so high?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 7 straight, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7 straight

7 straight Member

the price of remington tgt,and fig/8 wads, have gone out of site. any reason outher than greed?

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

what is out of sight? Around my neck of the woods, they are $88/5000. I think that's expensive, but even the really cheap replacements are going for between $60 and $70/5000.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Supply and demand.

Give the Downrange copies a try and you won't worry about what Remington wants for their wads. Very few times one can purchase a copy that is as good or better than the original for less money. This is one of those occassions!

ss

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

SS. I like that. I will try those. Who sells them?

Jack

5. 7 straight

7 straight Member

they are 24.00 per 1000/plus new york tax or 119.00 case

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

MIA,

I'd say put an email into Downrange and find out if there are any dealers in your area. If not, there is a fella on this site that goes by TCFelty that is a dealer. I believe he's out of Kentucky.

Not only do I use the Downrange TGT and figure 8 copies, but I also use the XL-1's and the Versalite. The Versalite is my favorite longrange wad.

ss

7. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

ss is right on with the DRM TGT-12 and Fig-8 replacement wads. They load and shoot the same as the originals. Unfortunately, their pricing is up to $78/5000, so there is no longer any real savings. If my dealer were out of one, I'd simply use the other. If I could still get the DRMs for $60/5000, I'd be using them exclusively.

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Jack,

Recob's target store sells Downrange wads and he's closer to you than Kentucky.

http://www.recobstargetshop.com/

Kevin

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Jack: I know that Recob's sell them. I use the Downrange wads all the time. They work great! Ed

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Because they can, I shoot Remington factory shells. When & if I choose to start reloading again, I will continue to use Down Range TGT 12,clones. I used to use Remington wads exclusively. Down Range as previously state are at least equal & or probably better than the factory originals. In this sport wads are just about the cheapest end of the reloading equation. Use down range & you are really getting more bang for the bucks & your gun will stay cleaner longer.

Phil Berkowitz

11. 7 straight

7 straight Member

thanks for the imfo,down range it is.

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I think Remington has their wads made by a contract molder so there is a middle man who needs a cut too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.