1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why quit?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by rpeerless, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

I participated in a survey two days ago regarding Republican candidates for President. 60% of those polled were women. The majority are undecided as to which candidate they would support. 14% were for Romney and 14% were for Santorum. So why should Santorum throw in the towel?

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Because Santorum can not possibly win in a general election, that's why. Same with Newt. Romney, on the other hand, has a 20-30% chance of winning the general election and the sooner the others bow out the more money he saves and the better his chances.

-Gary

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Disagree. The longer we delay Romney being able to erase his Etch-a-Sketch, the longer CONSERVATIVE ideas will continue to be earnestly discussed in this election. We all know Mitt will be the nominee...so why hasten the exit of conservative talking points from the stage? We know Mitt isn't going to take us Conservatives to the Prom. But at least we can get a few more hand-jobs out of him before he dumps us.

The minute those guys bow out, and Mitt shakes up his little red box - there's nothing left but two Moderates (okay, one a communist posing as a Moderate) arguing what color to paint the shutters on the White Hizzy.

4. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

The Democrats don't have to worry as long as the Republicans keep attacking each other. And that seems to the name of the game right now.

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Buzz:

I see your points but it's high time we accept that the Republican Party no longer represents Conservatism, at least not in the classic sense of the term. In fact, it hasn't for decades. Government -- as measured by size, intrusiveness, or sheer tax dollars pissed away -- has been growing like a cancerous tumor for decades. And it has done so, without interuption, through Democrat and Republican administrations and Congresses alike.

I've proposed many times that the Republican Party be legally forced to change its name to Democrat-Lite, because that's exactly what it is. Republicans are completely irresponsible with our money, our liberty and our childrens' futures. It's just that they happen to be slightly less irresponsible than the Democrats.

Respectfully,

Gary

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

What we need to face up to, is that we have no alternative. The Libertarian Party is Dead On Arrival in America. You say "Libertarian," and the average American, those ones between the 40-yard lines, think you mean "let's legalize pot" or "let's have open borders."

There's a reason Ron Paul attaches himself like a leech to the organizational benefits and automatic legitimacy the little "R" next to his name brings with it.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"The Democrats don't have to worry as long as the Republicans keep attacking each other."</i>

Actually there is a revolution within the Republican Party, pitting the liberal RINO wing against the conservatives and tea partiers. The liberal wing is doing their best to nullify the tea party, at the expense of true onservatives. The tea partiers, on the other hand, are going to retaliate and scuttle the GOP.

It boils down to the liberal ruling segment of the GOP proclaiming that "only Romney can win" and the tea partiers replying, "well ok, apparently you don't need our votes to win."

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

"...the liberal ruling segment of the GOP..."

No other words could better illustrate the sickening demise of the Republican party.

-Gary

9. mbm5770

mbm5770 Member

Gentleman:
    We are all free to voice our opinion about things but I get on this site and go to the trap range to try and forget about all the bs in the world for a few hours and relax. I think this post is about someone wanting to quit shooting, maybe because of age(eye site) or expense of shooting, and Im going to give them encouragement and end up having to see politics......

Can we have one place to get away from this crap?

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Our focus should be on beating Obama. Romney is the only one who has a prayer

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

mbm5770,

Feel free to utilize the site's filter feature to prevent your hurting eyes from seeing any political threads.

12. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

I would hope he doesn't quit I'm with Rick!!!

13. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

What shape was Reagan in at this point?

The more Conservative the better and Santorum clearly is the more Conservative.

Let's see, isn't Romney the candidate Obama wants to run against? What does "O" have in his bag of tricks that makes him think he can clearly defeat Romney, good old 26%?

Why wouldn't the Republicans re think this?

Santorum clearly has more appeal than Romney in many ways and that's why so many undecided. Torn between party loyality and the "better" candidate.

14. dhip

dhip Active Member

What I don't understand is if all the BS on this site from so many so called intelligent and informed people that Oboma stole the democratic vote,that Oboma is not eligible legally to be president,if any of it's true,Why on Earth is the Republican Party turning their backs,eyes ,etc away from this information.Shouldn't they be contacting that Sheriff and get any info he's dug up to use in their campaign.If half the BS on this site were true,the Republican Party could have a Hay day against Oboma come campaign time.Ol' Tricky Dick Nixon could show these spineless Republicans of today a thing or two about uncovering a few facts.Are they so Lilly White now adays that they don't want to get their hands dirty.If they don't come out swingin,and swingin hard,they might as well roll over and tell Oboma to have his way with them.

Doug H.

15. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

A conservative, a moderate, and a liberal walk into a bar. The bartender looks up and says "Hi Mitt!!"

16. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Gary, Buzz, Brian, et al.,

It's time to fish or cut bait. It's time to put your money where your mouth is. Once and for all, please repeat after me, "If Romney wins the Republican nomination, I am going to vote for Obama." Come on, say it! Get it off your chests. Stand and deliver!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.