1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

????WHY PERAZZI????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RidefastShootstraight, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidefastShootstraight

RidefastShootstraight TS Member

Why Perazzi?? why not Renato Gamba? Kemen? or Zoli?? they all look the same!
    Let's leave out 1, Resale Value( ok, ok Perazzis sell easier), 2, build Quality as I have not seen any of the above mentioned brands break down, they all break targets,(if in the right hands), then are shooters just forking out more cash for brand name? Do we see guns the same way women see their handbags?

T.S.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Its that pride in ownership thing ... the more gun you own the more pride you will have and the better you will shoot ... its all a head game.

3. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

All the Perazzi shotguns that I have Owned, and borrowed shoot where I look. I have always shot better with them and they don't seem to have the recoil of a Berreta, Winchester, or Kreighoff. Just my Opinion. RG

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I'm with RG. A Perazzi almost feels alive in your hands. Other guns can shoot great but by and large feel like mechanical devices. Add to that that the guns built in the 60s still fit parts with a gun built yesterday. As most of you know, Enno Matarelli was a GREAT Olympic shooter and Perazzi was a GREAT gun maker when they got together to make it. When Matarelli and Perazzi built the gun, they got it right. Jake

5. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

I too agree with RG. Unless you've shot one, you really shouldn't be asking the question. It's like asking why buy a Corvette or Lexus or Acura, my '65 Dart always gets me where I'm going. Go to the club, ask someone who has one if you can shoot a round with it, repeat with someone else. You will answer your own question. Until then, it'll be difficult to understand or fully appreciate the answers you hear. Phil E

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

I honestly dont think anyone anywhere in the world is shooting a "Mossgerg" shotgun.

7. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Because they will never rust. The reason is they are very greasy guns coming from Italy. All the meat balls and spaghetti.

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Jake gave a great description of why Perazzi? They do feel "alive" in my hands as well. I have owned K gun, Ljutic, Beretta, Brownings, 90-T's, and a host of other guns. Out of all of them, the Perazzi feels the best to me, bar none! The balance, swing, pointability, and low recoil are just a few good reasons to give my nod to Perazzi. While all the guns listed above are very well built, I, personally, just can't shoot as good a score with them as I can with my DB-81.......Just my experience....Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Agree wholeheartedly with the other Perazzi supporters. Nothing that is as light as the Perazzi will swing like a Perazzi. It feels like it is a part of me when I swing and shoot it. Other guns I have shot felt like either machines or toys.

The Perazzi is a precision shotgun. I loved the 1100 when I first started, but the TM-1 has me VERY spoiled.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Perazzi was first introduced to the trap market with an option not available on other guns. Well before anyone saw an adjustable comb, along came Perazzi with the option of 4 different interchangeable stocks (numbers 1-2 and 12-13). These stocks had different configurations. The interchangeable stocks were inexpensive, not especially attractive and widely available for $25 each. We could not adjust out combs at that time but we could quickly change the stock. This option made Perazzi very popular and it has retained its popularity ever since. One reason for the long term popularity of Perazzi is the introduction of a new model every few years. Often, these new models have just minor changes but we like new models. We think new is better. Perazzi understands how our minds work and that is good for marketing. Perazzi may not be mechanically better than some other guns but the name is marketed better than most.

Pat Ireland

11. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Well, I guess if you "leave out" resale value and mechanical reliability - two important factors, I can't tell you why.

It's the whole package. I sure like mine. Even if I only have a "B" average.

12. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Now you guys have me wanting to borrow a Perrazi to try..... :(

(just when I was getting comfortable with my own shooter)

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Danielle Perazzi set out to build shotguns made for the serious tournament target shooter in mind. The best example of this is the removable trigger models that are 1.) Quickly repaired behind the line with highly interchangable parts. Mr. Perazzi wanted to make the gun easily repairable in the same manner as a Ferrari race car entered at Lemans. Somthing breaks and you just pit and replace the faulty part and continue racing without much ado. 2.) Perazzi listens to their customers and the experts of each clay target game and refines and adapts their fine shooting platforms as the need arises.

The genius of their shooting systems is "why Perazzi?"

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

It could very well be true that more Perazzis break on the line. But, there are probably more Perazzis on the line than any other single make of gun.

All guns break parts now and then. Perez simply sells a kit of the parts that are most likely to break before they break. The company sells a lot of parts this way. Not much different in a tire dealer selling me 4 new tires for my car plus and extra tire in case I need it. This is another example of very good marketing by Perazzi.

otnot- Perazzis are mechanically simple? Well, yes they are compared to my K 80 but they are quite complex when compared to a Ljutic. Try to lift out the top lever of your Perazzi without one or both of the very little pins flying out never to be seen again.

Pat Ireland

15. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Thanks for the offer, MIA. Should I ever get to your area, we'll have to shoot a round or three.

BTW, do all Perazzi's come with the big decal on the stock? Can you remove it without buggering up the finish??

16. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Careful, code5...it could be addictive!

I had to laugh at your question about the sticker. I'll assume you're asking a legit question and not trolling on that...

No, they don't come with the sticker. My 2000 has rather nice (though not SCO) wood, and I'd rather mash my 'nads flat with a wooden mallet than put a sticker over it. I feel that I don't need to 'advertise' that it's a P gun. Those that are in the know, know it's a Perazzi already. Those that can't tell what it is probably don't need to know.

Others obviously feel differently about the stickers - and that's OK. As noted, P guns are like a good woman. They can be a bit tempremental from time to time, and you gotta do what you gotta do to keep them happy.

It's just not for me.

17. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Rideslowshootcrooked..........Selecting and buying a Perazzi is like being a judge at a beauty contest. Why would you select one beautiful hunk over another beautiful hunk when both are real nice hunks? Its just a personal decision...thats all! Don't complicate it! Nobody requires you to buy a Perazzi...thats up to you. There are other nice guns, but most have neither the true quality nor pride of ownership that goes with a Perazzi. You have to "feel" it to know what I'm saying.

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Jeff...good thing that you don't have to choose.

Otherwise, Michelle wouldn't be able to tell if it were you or your baby girl that calls out from the bathroom when you run out of t.p.

19. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Devi...that's just plain MEAN!!!

I love ALL my girls...michelle, erica, and P-gun. And I'm NOT required to list them in any specific order.

You know, P-gun might be a good nickname for Erica when she starts shooting.

You ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, and the answer, even at age 4 is "high gun"

And she's STILL playing that damn card. Cracks me up.

jeff

20. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

I'd like to have a PerSeitzi. Now that might be the ultimate trap gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gamba or perazzi shotguns

order a perazzi

perazzi guns why are they better

stickers renato gamba