1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why People think K-80 is a Bad Gun.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

A guy went into the woods to cut firewood and hurt himself. He still was able to drive himself to the ER. The Doc looked him over and asked him how he did it. He said he was using a chainsaw and that was what cut him. What kind of chaisaw the Doc asked? A Homelite. The Doc looked at him and said that he was going to buy anything but a Homelite becasue they are so dangerous. The guy looked at him and asked Why do you think they are so dangerous? Because most of the people who come to the ER are hurt with a Homelite chainsaw so there must be something wrong with them. Its not that they have something wrong with them its because they are the best saws and the most popular saw at this time. The Doc thought what he said over and said your right.

The K-80 is the Homelite chainsaw. It is a very popular trapgun so there for there will be reported problems. To me its not the gun but the person behind it.

2. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

More people have wrecks driving chevys than dodges...because there are a lot more chevys on the road...I beleive there are more Citori's than there are k-guns, I havent heard of many citori's coming apart...

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If a Citori blew up, who would care? (Just kidding) I shot a K-80 for 12 years and still have all my fingers.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It's not the guns fault, it's the powder. HMB

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I think because most people say their built like a tank and German and the fact that some blow-up shocks people. Nothing about them says cheap. I don't know. I want to believe operator error. Many many manufactures have cut corners to say competative and alive in this ecomony. Has Krieghoff? The world may never know. Dave T.

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Ever notice the difference between a K gun owner and a CG gun owner. CG blows and they are all over this site telling everyone how great their gun is and that the world and gun clubs are against them. Rumors of a K gun blowing and nothing from K gun owners and their are a helluva lot more K gun owners out their then CG.

I think the CG boys need to convince themselves and boost their own confidence. Where the K gun owners already have that confidence in their guns and don't need to reassure themselves.

Shoot well and often with what ever you choose.

Don

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Amazing 6 post as I write this 5 out of the 6 mention blow up. Guess which post doesn't say anything about blow up?

The original poster. Amazing how all the hard feelings and arguments get started.

Bob Lawless

8. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

ivanhoe: I have no hard feelings towards anyone here or anywhere. Your right, were jumping to conclusions about bad gun equals blow-ups. But you didn't answer his question Why people think K-80 is a Bad Gun? Lets see your reeasons if any. Dave T.

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Bob. On the contrary. It is natural to extrapolate getting hurt with a Homelite to having a K or CG blow up. It is exactly what auctioneer was inferring.

He alos attempts to suggest that K guns are the most popular and in demand guns around.

All erroneous stuff and begun by him as a "profesonal troll"

Just a slow Tuesday on the TS.com rock

10. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I have shot both K-80s and Perazzis extensively;IMO,there isn't a good or bad.Some feel that there me be a bit longer learning curve in shooting the K-80 because of the weight and way it balances.

11. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

1st guy goes out and buys himself a new truck. We will call them "Family Trucksters". He drives it a couple times a week and doesn't have any trouble, then one day as he is driving down the interstate and the front wheel falls off. He rolls out in the ditch 17 times. He is uninjured other than a deep cut to his hand. While home recuperating, digging on the internet and T.S.com he sees a thread "wheel fell off Family Truckster". What could be the odds of the same thing happening in different parts of the country to the exact same kind of item. So he does alittle research and some had the original wheels on the "truckster", others had the tires replaced but the original rims. Further research showed some metallurgical failure may have been a cause. So now the ball is in his court. Do you go out and buy another "Truckster"? Or do you try something different? Birdtracker

12. ivanhoe

DTrykow

"Why people think K-80 is a Bad Gun? Lets see your reeasons if any"

I will ask you a question and then give you an answer in my opinion.

Why do you think it is bad mouthed extensively? In my experience for many years at most shoots in my area at least. You can walk from one field to another and look in the gun racks on each field. You will see the K-gun is in the majority. So IMO it is sour grapes that causes the bad mouthing of K-gun and in the earlier years there were issues with springs breaking at inopportune times

Trust me it is very few who own or have owned a K-gun that are doing the bad mouthing. It certainly isn't related to blow up. That prompted the statement about hard feelings. BTW I never said you had hard feelings did I?

You didn't bad mouth k-guns you just found a way to get one at a lesser price. Now that you have seen my reasons is there a problem with them. If you think I am wrong the next time you here someone gripping about K-guns and they are not talking about blow up. Tell them they are right that you have one you want to get rid of cheap. Then tell me how long it takes them to ask you how much.

Jack what are you talking about? He said that Homelite were the BEST saw not the most popular. He says K80's are a very popular trap guns not the BEST you can't seem to relate to what you are reading. Jack there is a difference between the BEST and a VERY popular.

BTW Jack there were as far as I know up until recently two K-guns K32 and K80. Perazzi must have at least a dozen different models. Which in my opinion means there are more K80's than MX8 or MX10 or MX2000, you get my drift.

Bob Lawless

13. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Thank you for reponding to his question. Dave T.

14. biff

biff Active Member

One thing is certain, I'm not going to buy a Homelite shotgun! Even though it might not blow up, it may cut me badly like the doctor said! Biff

15. ivanhoe

DTrykow

"Thank you for reponding to his question."

Just for the record Dave there is nothing that requires me to respond to his question. Nor do I feel obligated to respond as he didn't ask a queston. You should read that title again it is a statement not a question.

He is giving an answer to why people think K80 is a bad gun. No question except in your mind. I gave you an answer because you seem confused on this point not because Auctioneer was asking a question.

As a matter of record the only questions asked in Auctioneer's post were in the story between the doctor and the guy that cut himself with the chain saw.

It is time many start responding to what is written not what hey see in their own mind.

That is one of the reasons I slowed down on my responses. I find myself saying what I want it to be about not what the topic is about.

Bob Lawless

16. JACK

Bobert. At least I am right about one thing. It was/is a "professional troll".

Although you seem to get hooked by amateurs as easily as by the pros.

(me to)

17. ivanhoe

Jacko, how did I get hooked by anyone? Are you saying that by giving an opinion of the way a thread gets distorted from the get go. I am being hooked? Wow lack reading comprehension is worse than I thought.

Bob Lawless

18. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Good greef Bob. It's a question with or without the "?" "Why", in this sentence, is used as an adverb. Not a conjuntion "I know why you left". You are a vey argumentative person and now I find myself caught up in it. Good day sir. Dave T.

19. phirel

phirel TS Member

I shoot AA reloads in my K-80. The reloads are made with a PW press. From the comments made on this site, I should have a blown gun rather soon.

Pat Ireland

20. JACK

Dave. Bob is at his best interpreting waht we said to what we really mean and extrapolating simple jabs into major infractions.

We need a hall monitor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.