1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why not tax the Rich?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by tomc66, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

Why are the Republicans holding the country hostage for the top 2% earners? Cut a deal and get the country moving!

Under the Bush tax cuts, the top 1% received an average of $46 million over the 10 year life of the tax cuts. Dosn't this seem excessive? Let the top rate go back to the pre Bush tax rate.

I like the idea some Republicans are suggesting that we increase the top tax rate in exchange for tax and entitlement reform. Sounds good but I doubt it will happen.

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tom- the tax from the top 2% won't run the government for more than maybe 10 days. While I agree that reform of the tax code and entitlement programs is paramount, that will start another war in Congress, because nobody wants to give up their free handouts.

3. dshot

dshot Member

We needed more tax payers, not more taxes.

4. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Well put dshot.Leave the job creaters some money to create jobs with.35% is enough taxes.
    Darr

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Britain tried that, they got less revenue. Millionaires just left the country.

Only 9 days left till 12/21/2012**********hope the mother ship gets here in time.

HM

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Only in America can someone who pays 0% income tax criticize someone who pays 35% income tax for not paying their "fair share".

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Skeetman you are so correct

8. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Because it will do little to help this nation's debt (run the gov. about 6 days).Becuse the PROBLEM is out of control gov. SPENDING, not too little taxes. Because it will be just the beginning, followed by MORE tax increases on ALL tax payers. Because Obama and the libs are LIARS and have no plans to cut back on freebe giveawys that are draining this country! In fact they plan to spend MORE!!!!!!!!

9. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

12 YEARS OF CUTS FOR "JOB CREATORS"

WHAT kind of FAILED experiment goes on for 12 years?

How about back to where it was and a raise in taxes....

Ya I know

DON"T LET THE DOOR HIT YA........

GS

10. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

When there are more people riding in the wagon than there are pulling, the wagon doesn't go far.

11. midalake

"When there are more people riding in the wagon than there are pulling, the wagon doesn't go far. "

Another stupid reply on a FAILED 12 year experiment.

12 years

Good times

Fun times

Best job growth ever

Hey here's an idea lets cut taxes more for job creators!!!!

How about a few more deductions,,,Maybe more to a Koch "think-tank" Now there is a play on words...........

GS

PS How a dare I speak-up as a common p-on........

12. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Hey Dimflake, sure I'm all for going back to Clinton taxes, only if we go back to the Clinton budget, that was of course run by the Republicans that was the only reason there was a budget "surplus"

13. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

You know, Cat, talking to Goober Smacker is a lot like talking to a dog. The dog will just bark and wag it's tail sorta like GS. That's why I never attempt to communicate with his kind- I don't speak dog.

14. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

We probably should as more of them voted for Obama; let's give them what they want. Now on the only hand, taxing the job creators will not do anything but cost jobs and squash jobs and investments; effects on the National Debt minuscule; i.e., equates to peeing in the ocean and expecting the level to rise. Too bad we just couldn't carve out only those who supported Obama and raise their taxes and keep tax rates the same for the others. BT100dc

15. midalake

"equates to peeing in the ocean and expecting the level to rise"

OK

Where are you going BT-100dc? Grab that passport....and as my friends say in Mexico...."lets make business"

Pick a country where you can make that business.....safely...that is.

And leave....

GS

Don't let the door.....

16. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Don't plan on going anywhere; we'll just ride down this sinking ship and we'll sort it out once we hit the bottom. Good idea to study the income tax rules and seek out a good financial planner. BT100dc

17. 3357

3357 Member

We already tax the rich. proportianately. That is the beauty of percentage taxation, the more you earn, the more you pay. The poor pay nothing, the middle class pays a proportianate share and the wealthy pay more.

That was the idea behind the flat tax, (no loop holes, no deductions) earn say 50k or less pay nothing, earn 50k to say 250k pay 10%, earn over 250k pay 20%, simple and effective. Everybody pays, everybody wins and knows what their tax liability is. Since the with-holding is the tax there is no need for a tax return for most individuals.

18. shadow

shadow Active Member

Lets consider a "wealth" tax. As long as the rich are getting hosed maybe it should be changed to a system where one pays according to their "wealth. Warren Buffett would have a VERY hard time supporting such a plan.

19. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Tax the unions they don't pay any tax. Then make the public sector union members pay 50% or more of there health insurance and retirement.

20. 548

548 Guest

Fine Whiz, let's tax churches and charities too.

Remember everyone, the government is constantly accepting employment applications. If you think working for the government is such a utopian experience and you're qualified for the job, fill out an application. Maybe you can enjoy a six year running pay freeze like me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.