1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why not more DT-10's?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by krieghoffkrusher, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Why do you not see more DT-10's on the line? I've shot Krieghoff's for years but also shoot Beretta's. I think we'll all agree that Beretta makes a very nice product and in my opinion the DT-10 is up there with the likes of the K-80 and MX2000. Is it because Beretta makes cheaper guns too so the "status" symbol isn't there like Krieghoff and Perazzi? Would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

For economic reasons I went from a Kolar combo to DT-10 combo and my scores went up. As economic conditions improve, I will continue to shoot the DT-10 and compete in more registered shoots. Hopefully my scores will continue to improve.
    After all, if Leo shoots one they certainly have to be great shotguns.

Steve

3. crew

crew TS Member

I have a trap combo DT10 and my problem with it was the top barrel of the O/U shooting flat. I want both barrels shooting the same. I learned to shoot doubles pretty well with a gun shooting about 70/30 and I would move to the second target and need to block it out with the DT10 just didn't work well for me after about four years I gave up and got a MX2000 and started shooting in the 90's right away for me they do not shoot like a perazzi. They are a good gun and I have shot thousands of shells through it without problems but I know Iam not the only one who has problems with them on doubles,Ive had mine taken apart and the barrels seperated to get it to shoot both barrels in the same place but I still don't shoot it very well,its not right yet and Iam not through working on it. I wouldn't touch one again I also had chokes that were not what they were suppost to be the single even had choke in the barrel before the choke tube probably they changed barrel sizes. Wayne

4. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

I on the other hand, finally found the gun that fit me. I bought mine december 06 and shot it like i owned it for years. ran my first 100 and 200 with it summer 07. i did have to have the locking block replaced with an oversized one, but no other problems.

one satisfied customer and still shooting up to 1000 rounds a week.

steve.

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

For some unknown reasons, the DT 10 always brings out the naysayers. I have had two combos. The gun fits me like a glove and I would not be without one. I am selling an unsingle trap gun if anyone is interested. I have never had a problem with either of my DT 10s. I have owned the P guns and shot all the rest. I would say, buy and shoot the gun that fits you, physically and fiscally. Shoot as many as you can and buy the gun you like. But...why bad mouth a gun that someone else finds the best for them.

JON

6. Duck

Duck Member

Question for the DT-10 fan's, is there a difference between the older and newer one's. If so what?.

7. crew

crew TS Member

If your buying an older one you might want to check the bore as my chokes were off it was a dealer demo never owned by anyone as I called Beretta it even had different chokes for the o/u. For some reason they had put a different o/u barrel on it.I have a friend that has one and his is perfect so they did make some changes. This is a fact not a slam their a well made gun. I had my barrels all worked on and rechoked as it a good gun. Wayne

8. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

What does the "DT 10" stand for?

9. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Drop Trigger or Dropout Trigger

10. flyfishinfool

flyfishinfool TS Member

I have spent a lot of time at the pattern board with my DT10. And the way mine is set up the bottom barrel shoots 90/10 and the top barrel 80/20. Both are right on as far as left/right.

To me that small change in the top barrel shooting flatter is a good thing not a bad thing.

I like mine

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.