1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Not make the Sport Fair for All!???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DC, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DC

DC TS Member

No Trap preference No Time preference Random Draw!!! Let the Best Shooter Win?? Why Not??

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Why not? Because the best shooters will usually win no matter where you put them or when. Your goal needs to be to become a better shooter and not look for excuses. Have fun!! It is still a game. Don't bet big money -- you are only supporting the better shooters. Play the Lewis class if you must. Fred

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why not leave it alone. Why do some always want to find a easier way.

Don

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

DC you can't change the rule to get a better score and that is what it takes to win no matter where or when you shoot.

Bob Lawless

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Bob ... how right you are you cant change the rules to get a better score but that is all that some want to do and those are normally the ones who have spents 10's of thousands of dollars on new guns and gadgets to try and buy them a better score before complaining about and trying to change the rules so they can compete and try and win instead of just realizing the suck as shooters and need to shoot and practice a little more and possibly spend a few bucks which the no longer have because they tried to buy a better score instead of taking a few lessons and shooting a little more practice but noooo ... they need to now have the rules changed so they can have better scores.

I wonder if the rules were changed how many would still be complaining because of all the others who now have a better score because the rules changed? I bet that would really piss off those and they would once again want something changed only to realize that they suck as shooters.

I hope they change the scores cause there should be a serious influx of super hight grade trap guns for sale at desperation pricing just so they can get rid of them and move on to competitive solitaire where they are always in at least 2nd place.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Sports (as in all sports) are about winner's, not loser's! Where the hell have you been?

Curt

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Curt ... you have a great point and why should anyone want to be all alone as a winner where instead of being all alone with everyone snickering and talking about you behind your back you could be one of those in the crowd with everyone else instead of going threw life all alone.

Leave the rules as they are ... if not for the right reasons but then for the reason of saving all those poor people from being all alone as a winner.

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Newbius....good point....maybe I shouldn't worry about going "threw" life and being "thrown" to the wolves.....maybe I should just merely go "through" life on the mediocre "thru"- way??

I hope this helps.

Curt

9. pa pete

pa pete Member

Curt, if you are "finished", I'll "throw" you a bone.
    "Pete" McDonough

10. at_trap_89

at_trap_89 TS Member

Sounds like you lost to someone who shot better. Too bad.

Try this - shoot better next time. Perhaps you should practice more - or invest in a gun fitting...a clinic perhaps. Or just quit whining and take up knitting.

11. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

What size knitting needles do you recommend?

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The good shooters deserve to have the squad of their choice, the post of their choice, shoot at the time of day that they like, and have the targets set the way they like them to be. They earned this and they are entitled to these priviledges. HMB

13. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

hmb, I can assume you said that Tounge in cheek!

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I like my knitting needles in size 7-1/2...makes the finished product more wholly.....so to speak!

I hope this helps...

Curt

15. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Lets not keep score anymore...everyone gets a trophy for effort!!!!

16. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

The Great Shooters get on there favorate squad, want targets set to there like so they can compete with the other Great Shooters. They don't worry much about the rest of us. Harlan, Leo, Ray are shooting for HOA not A,B,C,or D Class. Allen

17. Harold

Harold TS Member

Okay, we have established that anybody who would dare suggest a change to an ATA rule is a sniveling pissant who is too lazy to work on his trapshooting skills. Now that we've got that out of the way, what exactly is wrong with the OP's suggestion?

18. hdskip

hdskip Member

And you guys talk about skeet shooters!

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The only gripe I have is when somebody pulls 8 or 9 squads with the intent of only filling one..and you get shuffled all around because of them...I have nothing against that practice but would like to see all extra squads being held either being paid for or turned back in for filling by the end of the day before that event...If the person holding all those squads is still holding them the morning of the shoot..they must be paid for...no returns

20. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

DC, and the point of this is to make it fair for all. Is this suppose to make new winners?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.