1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

why not ljutic?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by berettagold53954, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

I see alot of people talking about CG Kolar what have you but what about ljutic 7900 fitted to you unlike the others that charge extra but all i ever see are old ones on the line whats wrong with them?

2. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

Nothing. If you want a new adjustable Mono, look at Joel Etchen's website.
    If you want a gun fitted to you, look at the dealer list on the Ljutic
    website. The dealer you select can get the factory try gun and do a fitting
    for you. I live in Mass,and Joe Cimino at North Atlantic Sportsman helped
    me when I wanted a new gun. His fitting job was excellent, and he gave me a
    great price on a new gun.

Dick Richards

3. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ljutic's are great guns. I have owned 6. My next gun will be another Ljutic. Thought I wanted to shoot doubles, but don't have the time for the practice. I will sell my Perazzi combo and will get another Ljutic. I would suggest, if you can, go to Yakima and get with Jimmy Ljutic and let him build you a gun. You can also shoot some of the guns there and decide what rib height you prefer. Hope this helps, Roy P.S. broken parts are almost unheard of. They will last a lifetime. Easily cleaned and maintained.

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I realy think alot of shooter are worried about the new owners that and the price of new LJutic,s . But it,s a big difference in having a gun fitted and a custom stock . Fitting a gun off the rack takes no time and realy don,t mean much .

5. andybull

andybull Active Member

Get one you won't look back. It's all relative, I think my first Ljutic cost me $2,000.00. At the time it seemed high.

6. Alamo

Alamo Member

It is true that Ljutics just do not hardly ever break but, when I first shot one I was impressed with the smooth swing to it and really fast lock time. As Al Ljutic says in his notes with new guns, "you will find yourself knocking the rear end off your first targets shot with a Ljutic because the lock time is so much quicker." Don't worry, you brain will take over and compensate for the faster lock time. The gun is fairly priced when compared other quality shotguns. Ljutic is a mechanical genius not an advertising genius. Had they been marketed differently they probably would cost more than what they are getting for Mono Guns today.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Great guns.

8. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

If you shoot a release,it is a pain to open,when you get a broken bird. That is why I use a top lever gun. Quality is superb.
    GAZ

9. andybull

andybull Active Member

K-gunguy:

You open the gun with your middle finger as you hold the trigger with your index. What's so hard about that?

10. berettagold53954

according to wahat i read they are not just fitted they are built for you as in stock is made your way isnt that a custom stock? and hand finished

11. berettagold53954

the only thing i read and wondered about is in the article it says all the workers have been there for generations do they have younger people learning the trade to take over

12. Mono3811

Mono3811 Member

I'll try this again. If you want a made to your specifications Ljutic, find a dealer closest to you. Have thst dealer get the adjustable try gun from Ljutic. They will adjust that gun to fit you so those specs can be sent to the factory with your order. Then you will have a made to fit custom stock
    on the gun of your choice.

The dimensions and specifications for the last gun I bought are on file at
    Ljutic. I was also able to shoot the try gun and make further adjustments
    after the fitting. Since I live on the East coast, it made sense to do it
    this way. Joe Cimino is an excellent shooter himself, so he knows what to
    look for when he adjusts the try gun.

PM me for any other questions.

Dick

13. berettagold53954

thanks i was just responding to alf99 that said fitted isnt same as custom this is custom and from what i see best deal around for custom fit gun

14. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

For me it was extremely uncomfortable,to open the gun. I was very uneasy with the button system,top lever has been real easy for me,and I also felt FOR ME, safer.
    Just my personal take on that.
    GAZ

15. furface

furface Member

My Ljutic is the most forgiving gun I have ever shot especially at handicap yardage. They must have a super shot string and their release is second to none. I never understood the advantages untill I started shooting one. Joe

16. JD Jake

JD Jake Member

I'm interested in purchasing a used Ljutic some day. The only thing that has me concerned is that I hear non-brass shells stick in the chamber and I don't want to have to use the more expensive ammo.

17. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

JD Jake

I shoot steel rimmed shells from Winchester, Federal and Remington in my Ljutic and I have not had a problem with them sticking to the chamber. I have had that problem with a reload once in a while, but use a lead weight or stick next to the pullers chair.

18. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

I have 2 Ljutic's and have shot a number of others. It really depends on the gun whether you would have issues or not with the shells. I never have a problem with Estate's or Federals. Remington Gun Clubs stick part of the time. The Winchester steel cases stick all the time for me but then I even have trouble with them not ejecting all the way with my other guns.

Some of the Ljutic's kick (or extract) the shells differently than others depending on how old they are. That might also be an issue.

19. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

I think Ljutics are the best SBT out there, but I'm on my 3rd one, so I may be a little biased. Steel based hulls do stick from time to time in them, at least the ones I've had, anyway. Federal Top Guns have given me no problem, I had a 2400 number gun that Gun Clubs stuck in every once in a while, but the more recent ones haven't had a problem with them. Rios are the only ones that have consistently stuck in mine, but I have a friend that has the same exact Ljutic as mine, as his kicks out Rios without a hitch. So, you may want to try the Ljutic before you buy it if you have a pallet of Rios in the basement. You won't beat them as far as shootability, though, I've had most of the other makes of guns and the Ljutic is my favorite by far!

20. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

No question they are solid as a tank w/ few parts to break/replace. The kicker is the horrible depreciation of a new one. If you buy new, be ready to take a beating when you sell it if you don't like it. I'd buy used and let sombody else take the beating on a new one for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

why my ljutic shootgun will not breakdown