1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

why not buy a beretta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dickgshot, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

What should they have done?

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Send it to Briley and have it cut and re-choked!!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Looks like user error more so than a manufacture error. The manufacturers can not warranty everything. Just say'n.............

Where is the rest of the story?

4. autogun

autogun Member

If the cause of the failure is simple metal fatigue, Beretta should have replaced the barrel. Does Beretta claim some other cause for the failure? Thank you.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Was that a factory choke tube? Thread looks square which would mean no?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Looking at your pictures, the failure looks to have started behind the choke which says to many a loose choke caught a wad or or some other obstruction bulged and split the barrel. Did you send these pictures to Beretta? And did they make their judgement from these photo's? Are you the first owner of this gun? How far outside the warranty are you? There's always more to a story than they said no.

No manufacturer is obligated go beyond their warranty, and the further out beyond the warranty period leaves them less and less with a (sense) of obligation, rightfully so.

Unless stated Warranties are not lifetime.

Surfer

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Nothing more than a loose choke tube. Happens a lot when chokes are not kept tight.

8. g7777777

Is that a mobile choked barrel or Optima?

Those dont look like factory threads

And how can the choke screw in and out and not be damaged and the barrel is?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Autogun you're smoking your socks, And no, Beretta had no obligation to do anything to or for the barrel, it's out of Warranty........

Surfer

10. quartering

quartering Active Member

i'm surprised they gave the barrel back to you: that thing has "liability" written all over it. and didn't they quote you a price to fix/cut back that barrel as well as quote you on the new barrel? anyway, you mentioned warranty, how old is the gun?

11. Stickdp

Stickdp Member

loose choke

12. BD457

BD457 Member

If that happened with one single shot, if it didn't, there's a shooter issue at hand that needs to be repaired before the gun. It's clearly not a warranty issue. It appears gas pressure built up between the choke and the barrel. That can only happen as others have said from a loose choke.

Mike

13. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

So with all of this, this is how you are basing your comment not to purchase a Beretta? Looks pretty simple that this damage was not cause by a manufactured defect.

Bryan

14. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Back from Beretta, no satisfaction. Box it up, send it to Briley (I would also recommend Seminole if they were back accepting work) and get it cut back and rethreaded. Although I've had some great work done by Briley, I somehow enjoy working with Seminole. Great people and some of the finest chokes I have ever had the pleasure of using.....

15. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Look at the bright side...the rib didn't fall off. Sorry - poor joke. Ed

16. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

operator error

17. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

With all the post about loose chokes, must have been a lot of shooter shot the gun with loose chokes and blown there barrels out to be an xpert, you may want to get a job at Beretta. I have had the worst dealings with Beretta in all my years as a FFL dealing with them, I'm done no more for me. thanks Ronnie

18. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Might not necessarily have been a loose choke. Real easy to damage a choke by letting it rattle around in your bag. If its got a ding or a turned lip the wad can catch it and do just this kind of damage. Happened to a fellow shooter with an 870. Bill

19. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Beretta customer service is SHIT no doubt but that has nothing to do with the fact gas got between this choke tube and the barrel. It was a loose choke or a tube that had been damaged. We have yet to hear if the barrel had any aftermarket work done. Backbored?

20. g7777777

This is obvious and I am sure everyone has thought this but no one has typed it yet

Well if that choke tube isnt damaged and screws in and out- one thing is certain-

That wasnt the choke tube in the barrel when the damaged occurred.

Was this someone elses barrel that you sent in to Beretta?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.