1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why not broadrib for 'caps?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kiwiG, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, Someone mentioned in another thread that broadribs are no good for handicap shooting. Is there a rationale behind this idea, or is it one man's opinion? Cheers-Graham.

2. asher

asher TS Member

Some of my best handicap scores were shot with a Browning Broadway. When you're cookin' you don't see the rib anyway.

spinner

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

There is no rationale, if you are looking at the rib you won't be hitting the target. HMB

4. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks Guys, here in New Zealand 'caps was dead and buried, but there is a move to resurrect it, as shooting numbers fall. We still get 2 shots per target, but the only full/full choked guns around are old brownings.Cheers-Graham.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I owned a Browning Broadway many years ago. When looking down the rib, things looked great. But, when shooting the gun, the very wide end of the rib became a wide front sight and I caught myself shooting off of the corners of the rib.

A narrow rib appears to me to keep your vision aligned along a narrow plane to the front sight and the target.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.