1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why not BLASER??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

They are great guns, nicely made, mostly used in sporting clays and skeet. They will catch on. I remember that K-guns were not as popular on the west coast in trap circles as late as the mid-90's...

2. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Nothing major to base it on, but they just don't look worth the money, compared to some others.

3. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

good quality and a good concept but they recoil like a S.O.B

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Here are two reasons why *I* am not a Blaser fan.

First, for the money (approx $5,000 for the lower priced ones), they are about as plain looking as any O/U I've ever seen. If it didn't have the name "Blaser" on the gun, I'd swear (judging by external looks) that it was about a $1,000 gun.

Second, a big deal has been made about how exquisite the trigger works are on this gun. Supposedly Blaser has spent a lot of money in developing and producing this finely tuned trigger that is supposed to be as crisp and fine as any trigger on guns costing twice as much. Perhaps that's a good selling point if the shooter is a pull trigger shooter, but I'm a RELEASE trigger shooter, so having a light, crisp pull on the trigger means noting to me. The trigger on a Browing Citori which has been converted to RELEASE works fine for me and the gun costs less than $2,000 brand new. Oh, and the Browning is much better looking too.

Easystreet

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

I have mixed feelings about Blasers (FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH). On one hand, they are obviously very well made guns, with top notch materials...but, on the other hand they have VERY weird handling charicteristics. There is like NO weight between your hands...at all. I'm dumbfounded as to what to think. Not a forgiving gun to shoot what_so_ever.

They may be a company of the future for sure...but, I'm not so sure about the "now" aspect.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

how is 'blaser' pronounced?

7. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Blah-Zer (with a soft "a")

The lack of a release trigger has been the biggest hang up for dealers. I spoke with a factory rep at the shot show 3 years ago and he said they would "never" make a release for the gun ... I left.

There are a couple of fellows from Texas who are trying to help them with a better trap gun ... we'll see.

Bob Schultz

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

9. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

I have been in the Blaser factory in Isny a couple of times. They have great equipment and skilled craftsmen but I also can't seem to warm up to the gun.
    I use a release trigger and the Blazer guys told me that I would not need a release with their gun. Wrong. But it might evolve into a nice piece some day.

Snookassassin, Clif Adams

10. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

We have been working with the Blaser for 6 months and I am very impressed with the ability to interchange parts from one gun to another. I will sat that the stocks coming from the factory are rough and the recoil from a factory stock is very offensive. We designed a stock for Bill McGuire and My Cad guy reproduced it into a digital file so we can make them on the NC machine. We have made 6 stocks from that pattern so far and they go right on different receivers with no problem. Given time I think they will become a popular gun. The release trigger is an issue but look at the companies that started building guns that do not have release triggers available from the factory. Kreighoff, Perazzi, Browning, Winchester, Beretta the list goes on and on. None of those companies had release triggers when they first started and many still don't. The after market trigger people will no doubt develope a release for them to add to the list of release triggers being done after market now.

Dennis DeVault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.