1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

why not ban TEXTING

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Big Az Al, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Just went thru a federally mandated traing class at work.

The one thing they showed that has me asking the Question:

"WHY NOT BAN TEXTING ALTOGETHER???"

IS that 15 people a day are killed because of texting and driving another 1200 are injured

If we can ban a type of firearm because the last figure reported is 326 people where killed by that type of firearm

WHY can't we ban something that is claiming 15 times more lifes? it also injures more people then ALL fireams related injuries! ??????????????

Just my thought, caused by the FED's

Al Lingham

2. 548

548 Guest

It already is banned in most states while driving.

3. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Although texting is banned in 39 states including my state of Minnesota I still see people texting while driving. Banning certain items just don't work do they 548?

4. 548

548 Guest

The banning of texting while driving, DWI, drugs, and yes, high capacity magazines, all have one thing in common; the successes gained are immeasurable. The only thing we can count are our failures. We have no way to know how many incidents are prevented, but we know the effort is worthwhile. I hope your suggestion is not to just give up.

5. Jeffrey

Jeffrey TS Member

Guys, it's not about banning or not banning. Do you really think this administration gives a shit how many are killed by what??? NO, we all know the objective is to disarm us, pure and simple... Anyone one who thinks different is not paying attention...
    Jeff

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

My closest call(wreck) in driving was from a WA state trooper on his cell phone leaving their Headquarters building! Almost T-boned me!

BUT because of WHO they are, they are exempt!

But this bozo, was in his personal rig leaving work!

Yep, rules are rules and laws are laws, ALL get broken at one point or another!!

And BANNING something NEVER works!

7. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Again!

548 has his head sooo..... far up his a** that he will never see daylight.

This latest attempt at a gun ban that will not work is not about a gun ban or safety or kids or murder.

IT'S ABOUT CONTROL!!! ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE.

Chuck

8. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

By the way 548,

You would do well to check Trench12's post under the political section. The one titled "Never knew about this" Maybe, just maybe you will start to understand what this all means. That is if you pay attention.

Chuck

9. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Imagine the lives that could be saved if we chopped down all the cell towers!

10. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

My point is that while every life has value,

There are many more things that take lives that are far more dangerous on a daily basis then any and all firearms!

But people see Firearms as something that can be banned to save lives

The county I live in every day is letting out and out criminals lose because of over crowding, while holding people on traffic ticket warrants, many of them actually paid but the court clerks who do not have to give a sh** about who their sloppy work effects suffer no ill effects.

So instead of banning anything why not a law that from the judges to clerks, the courts are libel for any sloppy work miss guided rulings and so on

Al

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Just like everything else.

12. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Big Al:

Let me get this straight, you want the Fed Guvment to use common sense? LMAO

I agree with you on your observation 100%.

13. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

What is going to happen when an individual texting and driving wipes out a school bus full of kids. Is that going to be the end all be all for text messaging. I think not.

Brady

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.