1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why not a natioal ID card?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JOND, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOND

JOND TS Member

When a person goes to the poll to vote,what's wrong with having that person have to show a government pictured ID. This should issued only to U.S. citizens. JOND

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Usually a picture ID is required, drivers license or state issued picture ID if no drivers license. Of course that doesn't address the citizen issue.

Eric

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

That would be too simple. You must remember that you're dealing with the government and you don't want to offend any minority or sub-culture.

Ed Yanchok

4. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

That might hinder what ACORN is trying to accomplish.

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: Usually a picture is ID is required.

Unfortunately not the case in many states, and thus the problem...

Florida was sued when it passed a law to require ID. Sued even after the state was going to issue the ID to those who could not afford it, at no cost.

Earlier this year Florida won it's case and the ID law was upheld.

Now, about the more than 30,000 Florida felons who by law should have been stripped of their right to vote, but remain registered to cast ballots...

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Don't worry, you'll get your national ID card as soon as the Dems consolidate their power. You may also get an "Internal Passport" which will allow you to travel in your own country. You may get other documents or stamps which will allow or forbid you to do certain things (like buy gas) or go certain places.

Not possible you say? I call your attention to the fact that leftists have always done such things. Look at the Soviets, the East Germans and now the Venezuelans. Is that the America you wnat? Then vote Democrat

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

most of the Mexicans living here in Idaho ( and there is a bunch of them) have drivers licenses but are not citizens

8. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

What about the muslim women and the burkas?

9. GRR

GRR TS Member

You got it BIRDOGS, It's so simple even a cave man can figure it out!!!!

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Only bonafide landowners should be allowed to vote!!

Curt

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

...show me your papers!

Legal citizens wouldn't care less, its only the illegals that'll get upset...

Jay

12. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

13. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Requiring photo ID and proof of residence would undermine the work of ACORN and similar community organizations. Worst case, it could disenfranchise thousands of felons, illegal aliens, homeless and other ineligible voters. It would be clearly unfair and might even permit a Republican to win. It smacks of Jim Crow laws and other racist abuses of power.

What I want to know is why ACORN officials aren't being rounded up and arrested for massive and blatant vote fraud. Everybody knows it's going on, Obama and even the libtards in Congress openly support them (to the extent that they were supposed to get 20% of the Big Bailout proceeds), the news media knows about it and says nothing, and the Justice Department knows about it and does nothing.

I get this mental picture of three monkeys, one holding his hands over his eyes, another over his mouth, and the third over his ears. And us in the background, holding our noses.

14. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

requiring a photo id to vote would prevent 2stupid, swammie and their ilk from voting numerous times and that wouldn't be fair. Trappie would even be able to vote.

15. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

In my precinct, No ID No VOTING, we have not have a problem at all with this.

Michigan issues state id's to anyone that wants one. I think it's 3 bucks.

Must have a valid birth certificate with the seal on it, and a utility bill for your place of residence.

Jerbear

16. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why not put pictures on Social Security cards. That card system is already in place. Bulge

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The recently divulged massive voter fraud on the part of Obama supporters tells me it does no good at all to want fairness.

Credit card companies have a hologram on the card, and fake ones just about do not exist.

Somehow our government does not do this for the Green card. That tells me something.

$150.00 on the kill floor gets you a green card and a SS number.

We have the technology but the leaders refuse to implement it. Keep voting for those bastards, you will need absentee ballots to send from "Down the Drain" where we are headed.

HM

18. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

In this day of high speed data processing, I wonder how in-eligible voters actually vote. (especially the dead ones) In my neck of the woods, you need state issued ID or a US passport to vote and your signature must be registered and you must duplicate it before you get to the booth. In order to get a state ID or passport you must have a verifable SSN (not just a nunmber or card) and a certified birth certificate. I think these are the approaches that need to appied across the country but rather than have this be a Federal program, it should be done at the state level under uniform guidelines that close the phoney ID windows.

19. willing

willing Member

There is a federal program about driver licences and some of the states are fighting it . Some say it's too expensive and some say it'e a form of National ID. A lot of HONEST people are worried about national ID AND/OR
    the bad govt listening in on their phone calls. Can't figure out why!!

Bill

20. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Why not dip everybodys finger in purple ink like they did in Iraq?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.