1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

why no triple AAA @ Ohio State shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pigeon101, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Just wandering why there isn't 6 classes at this shoot. Why only AA?
    Why not AAA class at the biggest state shoot in the naton? Just wander you know.

Jason in PA.

2. Mr. Schock

Mr. Schock TS Member

does it matter? it would take 200+ alot more to win either class.

3. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

sure it matters!! If Im a AA shooter and I shoot A 200 for the days events + another 200 in the shoot offs. Lets say Im now 400 straight, their are 5 of us left for champion, ru-up champion, AA Champion and AA ru-champion. well then someone is going home with no trophy and no monies because there isnt 6 class at this shoot. so yes it would matter to someone. There should be 6 classes at this shoot.

Jason in pa

4. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

No AAA shooters? It's not manditory.

5. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Ok then answers my question. Thanks Kemper.

Jason in Pa

6. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

well really didn't answer my question. I know there will be AAA averager shooters there this weekend. Non resident & resident shooters. So why is it the OSTA chooses to not have AAA class. Money?

Jason in PA

7. Shawn

Shawn Member

Here is a link from last years discussion of this. the OSTA did weigh in.

8. over/under

over/under Member

They also did not add the new categories, but yet the attendence is up. I really don't think AAA or AA shooters are there for the trophys.

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

OK here is my question.-- Will "all" the new catagories be included in the Champion of Champions at the Grand? In the Past there were Sub Jr., Jr., Ladies, Vets, and sr. Vets. catagories in the C of C shoot. Now there are 3 more cat. of shooters. "If" the new catagories ARE entered from other states would that not deny some Ohio Shooters a chance at the trophies. Don't want to get into whether or not the new catagories are needed(that's not what this is about)-Just are they going to be added at the Grand and how will it effect shooters in this case?

10. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Yes, the new categories will compete in the Champion of Champions event.

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

SA, I think that means no Ohio shooters will be eligible for any of the newer categories since that wasn't available to Ohio shooters at their state shoot?

Hap

12. over/under

over/under Member

That is probably between Ohio shooters and their delegate. But would the lady champ be eligible for LadyI or Lady II depending upon her age?

13. 870

870 Well-Known Member

They probably haven't addressed that exactly, but I'd think the Ohio Lady Champ should be entitled to shoot in the C of C in whichever Lady category she would have qualified for when she won the Ohio title. Only makes sense.

Ohio would still have a Lady in the event, just not two.

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

No Jr. Gold, no sub-vet and no lady 1? Other winners would be eligible as are all other state winners.

Hap

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Without causing a giant hate fest, why does Ohio not wish to honor the new categories? It makes no difference to me as I have not been fortunate enough to attend their shoot nor do I fit any categories yet.

16. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

If they make up enough classes, then everyone will get a trophy! They've done the same thing to little league around here, every kid gets a trophy at the end of the season to help build confidence. Let them have the desire to get better so he/she can help beat the opposing team, that'll build self confidence. Giving them a trophy for last place accomplishes nothing!

ss

17. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Hap, not sure if your post was in response to me or not. If so, my point is the Lady winner would have always been either the Lady 1 or Lady 2 champ if that category track was available. By allowing her to shoot in whichever of L1 or L2 she would have been in anyway, nobody gets hurt. You may not be able to go any further down the line though.

Let's say Ohio Lady Champ would have been L1 if available; you may not be able to determine who would have taken L2 if it had been available, and its better to leave it empty for the C of C. When using only the old categories, you can always fit winner of old category into whatever new category they would have been in, but you won't always know who would have filled the remaining empty new category.

Gets messy. Or you could just say none of the Ohio category shooters are eligible in this case, which seems unduly harsh on shooters.

18. bas

bas Member

And, I would think the OH Lady CH would be eligible for either LI OR LII, depending on her age. As 870 stated, they will just have one Lady, not two. And, they will not have a JG or a Sub Vet. I have not seen the OH program, but, the ATA will be supplying trophies for ALL categories in the CH Singles Event, so isn't is possible they plan to recognize the new cat's on that event only? If so, they would all be eligible to shoot in the CofC.

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

ss,

I understand what you are saying and can't say I disagree. If that is why OH chose to ignore them, it makes sense to me. Personally if I can't win in the class or category I'm in, please don't create one just so I can. I'll get better or not win. I have no problem with that scenario.

20. over/under

over/under Member

My point is, preexisting categories, ie Sub Jr; Jr; Vet; Sr Vet & Champ, should stay the same. No Sub Vet or Jr Gold awarded. But I think Lady Champ should qualify for either Lady I or Lady II depending on her age. As far as what Ohio does should be between the shooters and their representatives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.