1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why no superposed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ljutic73, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on where you go.....there ain't a lot of them out there any more but i'm still shootin' my ST-100 for doubles....29 years and counting....

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

3 St100 guys in a row. Wow!

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

They are good guns but are yesterdays news for trap shooting.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Superposed guns are good guns that break clays with authority! And now,,, for the rest of the story. Enticing old timers to keep up with the top guns choice is a smart manufacturers marketing strategy for selling the latest improved pipes and 2X4s for lots more cash. Good day!! :) Hap

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Oh contrare, I'm still shooting my 1970 Browning Broadway Superposed. Of course I'm the only one at my club who does shoot an original Belgium Browning. The other Browning o/u shooters are shooting Citoris of one kind or another.

Eric

6. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Another ST100 here. Very well made guns.

7. Model12Man

Model12Man TS Member

Hey Oletymer, I'll put my old "Yesterdays news" guns up against anything else there in terms of quality for price paid. And if you'd rather wage on skill I'll meet you and anyone else carrying a Perazzi anywhere, anytime for a few $$$ annie oakley games. If you dont recognize me I'll be the guy on the far left side shooting "Yesterdays News" which could be either a model 12 or a superposed depending on how I felt that morning when I woke up =)

Colin

8. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Model 12 Man.....you are correct! It is all about keeping the economy going....newer is often inferior...but, the gullible and the stupid must buy into hype and smoke/mirrors...(didn't most of them vote for Obama?).....

My 1974 Broadway Super has kicked many K-80 and Perazzi tails!

9. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I ran my first hundred in DBLS with a superposed. Nothing wrong with the gun.

Rick in Mt.

10. Model12Man

Model12Man TS Member

Fred Fred Fred... I liked my perazzi but the stupid thing kept breaking springs which is why it got sold. Happened like 5 times in one season. Always had to wonder when it would go wrong. Never had that issue with any John M Browning design.

As for superposed gun kicking more or less than any other gun, felt recoil of any gun is a result of:

a) the shells you are using
    b) how the gun fits you
    c) how much the gun weighs

Factory release? You mean release trigger? To help you with your flinch i'll bet. This picture is starting to make more sense, I'll bet you made it to the 27 yard line eons ago, wont take your yardage reduction out of pride, and are still shooting 7 1/2 shot 3 1/4 dram handicap federal papers out of a silver seitz which weighs like 11lbs...

My advice to you is to

a) Man up and take your yardage reduction

b) actually have a stock fitted to you by a real fitter

c) Shoot lighter shells

d) Compare apples to apples. Everything else being the same, a 7lb gun will have more felt recoil than a 9lb gun.

e) try being a little more positive regarding your comments towards your fellow shooters - If someone is doing well with their -insert gun brand here- why not just cheer them on???

God Bless,

-Colin

11. Model12Man

Model12Man TS Member

Oh Yeah And another thing Fred - Its the guy on the end of the stick that makes the biggest difference of all. I'm up for $$$ annie oakley shoots anytime, anywhere. I'll be at the ohio state shoot this year - we should meet for a little friendly competition then and there.

And so with that, I'll leave you in the favor and the grace of the lord,

-C

12. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Just don't break the foreiron on a BWAY superpose or you'll think your buying parts for a P or K gun Jon I cut 3/8" off ejector springs to lessen strain on mind

13. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

You can still buy a superposed Browning from Belgium. The last price I got was $25,000 each and there is a three year waiting list to get one.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.