1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHY no Spring Grand Scores?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ron Burdick, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Have they stopped shooting this week?

Ron Burdick

2. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

I have been checking also and wondering. Scott

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Things were going to smooth, they just want to stir the pot ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Click the link. Then click whatever results you want to see.

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I talked to a friend there last night. I guess they have been waxing their skis instead of cleaning their guns. LOL. I asked about the snow bunnies, but got no answer.

6. stockguy

stockguy Member

I'm not at the Spring Grand, but I've heard from friends there that they have jumbled the event order somewhat due to bad weather on Wednesday. They completed Wednesday morning's doubles then posponed Wednesday's handicap to 8:00AM on Thursday. Evidently, they didn't shoot Thurday's doubles on Thursday - shooting only the Handicap postponed from Wednesday and the Class Singles. Today (Friday) they were to shoot the Class Doubles postponed from Thursday, then the Doubles Championship, then the Nitro 27 Handicap.

I hope they can get all 300 targets in today and be back on schedule for the Singles Championship on Saturday. If they didn't have the trap line newly expanded to 50 traps, they'd never pull it off.

Still, I'm with the rest of you about not understanding why the events shot on Thursday haven't been posted yet. Most likely, with everything they have to do to get this shoot sorted out in the office, updating the scores on the internet for those of us not there is probably not at the top of their priority list.

Patience - there isn't a better staff than exists at Tucson. They'll get it done.

7. stockguy

stockguy Member

Speak of the devil - Event 18 Tucson Handicap and Event 19 Singles class championship have just be uploaded to the scores thread.

8. Donm

Donm Active Member

It is Fri. and your complaining about not having Thur up yet? Give them a break. If the scores are that important to you, you should have went there.

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

No kidding! Now I know how gunsmiths feel. Geeez.

Oh, and the ATA, WTA, Trap Directors at every club, etc. LOL

10. stockguy

stockguy Member

Like I said - posting scores can't be a priority for a club that is as inundated with office work as Tucson is for the Spring Grand. A day late is pretty good for all they have to do. In this world of instant news and gratification, we have become a bit spoiled with instant updates.

Those of us that can't be there all care about how our friends are shooting and who is leading the events. Remember just a few years ago we had to either wait for friends returning from a shoot to give us a report or wait a couple of months for it to show up in Trap & Field-----!

11. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure that David is posting the scores, since he's there.

In all likelihood, he gets them from Clyde sometime the following morning and posts them later that day when he gets a chance.

12. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Yes, it only takes a few clicks of the mouse to get them to this site off of 3S but it depends on who is doing those updates and how high on the priority list it is to upload them. It's nice to see the scores ASAP but I can understand why they may not be posted until the next day.

Tim

13. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

You sound like a bunch of ungrateful children..................... David is attending the Spring Grand as a participant and has been gracious setting his time aside posting scores when his time allows, he's not hired help...............

If you think you can do faster and better hustle on over and show everyone how it's done

Grow up.

Surfer

14. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

David, thank you for keeping us informed, we are indebted. Scott

15. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Awesome place to shoot. Great facility

16. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Clyde doesn't use 3S.

He has his own proprietary cashiering program.

It's not difficult to get them and upload them. But it does take a little time.

17. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Priorities, Our office staff & field crew has been working overtime, somethings are small potatoes eh !!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

18. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Please! These people are on the "clock" from 7:00 until 10:00, volunteering their time for the shooters. We must learn to say thank you not where is it. Please be respectful and give them a break. When you walk by these volunteers, say thanks. If they were not there, you would not have a shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.