1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why no SKBs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Blueraven81, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

Is there a reason why you don't see many SKB 85TSS un-singles for sale on here? I'm looking at one and trying to find a price comparison.

Also, what kinda trap guns do these make?

Blueraven

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have an 85TSS combo that was listed its a 32 unsingle and 30" OU in a fitted luggage case $2250 OBO Monte carlo stock w/ adjustable butt and comb...drop XX's from email to contact

3. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

Is there a reason why you don't see many SKB 85TSS un-singles for sale on here? I'm looking at one and trying to find a price comparison.

Also, what kinda trap guns do these make?

Blueraven

4. CalvinMD

I have an 85TSS combo that was listed its a 32 unsingle and 30" OU in a fitted luggage case $2250 OBO Monte carlo stock w/ adjustable butt and comb...drop XX's from email to contact

5. capvan

capvan Active Member

Well, maybe it's because once you have one, you don't want to give it up. I really love mine. It's all I want in a trap gun and the price was right for me. I'll never give it up...

Bruce

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

We don't see a lot of them from where I hail but those that I do see at the games are making their owners quite happy; at least it's claimed to be so.....Bob Dodd

7. CalvinMD

I really do love mine but I need to pare down my collection and the majority that I have parts and accessories for are my old Plus guns....STILL FOR SALE

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I think we've had about three at my local club. One guy went from a DT-10 to an SKB (money pressure) and then to a Ljutic, and another from an SKB to a Guerini. I think the third still shoots an SKB.

9. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

Well I've been reading post about the SKB factory being closed and that SKBs are no longer being produced. Does this make the guns worth more or less? I'd hate to purchase one only to find out that if I waited 6 months I could get the same gun for hundreds less.

Blueraven

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Actually, I don't think there are that many of them. They've never been as popular as Browning and Beretta in the US. I'd say there are are far more Perazzi's out there than SKB's.

11. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

S-shoulda'

K-kept the

B-browning

12. waynewash

waynewash Member

If you are interested I have a 885ts unsingle which I would sell.

thanks,

Wayne

13. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

ableammo.com go to shotguns by manufacturer and click SKB you will find a whole bunch with prices. I was interested in possibly buying a 34" unsingle, but I just don't know enough about SKB. My biggest concern is how do they hold up? My BT-99 has close to a million rounds and shows no signs of needing to be re-pinned or tightened up. If they will last like that with exceptional care like I give the BT then I will gladly try one out.

J.F.

14. shootman

shootman TS Member

Never had a 85tss but I have owned a few skb through the years. Always had trouble with hammer springs and firing pins, not saying the newer ones do or dont. BOB

15. CalvinMD

16. waynewash

waynewash Member

Yoda, it is an 85tss unsingle, sorry for the typo, send me your email address and I will send photos and particulars.

Wayne

17. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

I have a 2006 85 tss, I purchased here, paid $2600. factory checked it over replaced springs and fireing pins. I bought the combo unsingle. but replaced all the chokes that came with the gun with tru locks I will shoot it and be proud along any of the 12,000 guns. yes the factory did close. the dealer in the USA has enough parts to last 30 years

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.