1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why No MEC Shot Bushings

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by washandwear, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. washandwear

washandwear Member

Looks like MEC Shot Bushings (like powder bushings) would be better than buying a different bar? Does anyone sell such a solution?

2. 682LINY

682LINY Member

fewer parts ,,,fewer breakdowns,,,,mistakes,,,less to buy if you only shoot one wieght load

3. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Multi-Scale Charge Ltd. makes a universal charge bar for MEC reloaders. The folks at the site above sell them, and have been helpful to me in getting it set up. Go to online catalog, reloading access., charge bars and you can find it.

Search on this site for multi bars and universal bars and you'll see the opinions.

Danny

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Washandwear,

I've often wondered the same thing myself. You could change bushings to get a truer shot drop when you change from 7 1/2's to 8's.

This could be done pretty easily with the right machine.

ec90t

5. Bridger

Bridger Member

At one time I had a bar that had the shot charge hole drilled out and countersunk and would take bushings just like the powder bushings. I could change the bushing sizes to whatever I wanted to drop for shot. This has been quite a while ago and I don't think the bar had the plastic piece alongside the shot drop hole. This was for the MEC loader that preceded the 8567 series. Gave the bar and the loader to a guy in the hopes of getting him to shoot. He didn't and I wish I had both the loader and the bar back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.