1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why no guns at Fort Hood?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bushmaster1313, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

I do not understand how the Fort Hood terrorist could shoot forty people withouit drawing any return fire.

This was an Army base in Texas at a time of war!

What gives?

Lou

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I believe the guns are locked up in the Arms Room, and the ammo is locked up in a separate facility. HMB

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Maybe they're locked up in case some nut case decides to take out a bunch of assembled soldiers. Luckily Hasan didn't have access to the armory.

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Its about time we started looking how Israel's military works. Their off duty officers are required to carry. You can see them wearing their holters with Glocks while at the seaside resorts. We are at war. The next terrorist attack may involve a nuke that Iran is being allowed to build. Good bye, NYC, LA ,Chicago----who knows, we better wake up before its too late.

Phil Berkowitz

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I also believe that Fort Hood hires civilians to protect the troops. HMB

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

Plenty of guns on any Army post. Only a few,(MPs,ect) are allowed to carry loaded weapons. Much like civilian life in a lot of places.

7. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Locked up in case some crazy decides to shoot soldiers. How is that policy working. Why do we trust the civilian police more. I see them all the time carrying guns in large crowds of people. What liberal lunacy. I have seen the brainwashed liberal news commentators will not call it a terrorist attack. If they do it will be admitting one more failure of Hessein Obama. He has failed on the economy, doesn't know what to do in Afghanistan, and now has allowed the U.S. to be hit again by terrorists. Strike three. But not out. I checked the Gallup poll this morning. Still 51 percent approve of the job he is doing. Politcal correctness is a brain disorder that runs deep. Very hard to correct once infected.

8. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder TS Member

A couple of years ago we had about 100 Navy Shipyard civillians uparmoring trucks at Camp Arafjan in Kuwait, about 200 miles from the Iraq border. I spent a week out there and all of the US Army officers and non coms carried side arms. Most appeared to have the clips removed but I assume the carried a full clip or two also.

As we left the base for our quarters at a civillian Hilton, protected by a perimeter, machine guns, etc, the young sentry asked us who was the designated "Shooter". I was a civillian traveling with a Navy 06, the Navy did not have designated shooters , but evidently the Army did not allow their people to leave the base without being armed.

Sounds like it is time for some similar policy on US bases at home.

VR
    Jim

9. Bushmaster1313

We just saw a foiled terrorist attack by muslims at Fort Dix.

We are at war.

Each of our glorious and brave soldiers is a target both here and abroad. Unfortunately there are those in the Liberal Establishment who profit from other's courage and sacrifice and while they say "I got your back" they do not mean it.

Note, I am not painting all Liberals with the same brush. One notable exception is Senator Joe Lieberman-A Liberal on social issues but I would trust him to back me up any place and anytime.

Lou

10. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Standard policy on military bases and posts since forever. Firearms, whether open carry or concealed, are not permitted except for Military Police or other law enforcement or guards (Gate Guards, etc). Issue arms are locked up, and private arms not allowed. Kind of stupid isn't it? Just like Chicago.

Retired Air Force

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Check out Glen Beck, hes baaaaaaaack! Its a product of the Clinton years, he sites 1993. Have you forgotten about the Bairute(sp) attack, the guards had AR's but no ammo to stop the driver over 300 dead troops!

The reason no MP's, they are the first to go! Civilian police on base are there probaly under contract or just looking for something to do. haven't heard why yet.

I heard they had their duty arms, just not any ammo or clips. The reason for that is the "troops" are so hype for battle that they can't be trusted to stay sane. Go figure?

12. Bushmaster1313

Let me get this straight.

We are at war.

Civilian pizza delivery trucks and other non military personnel have access to our bases.

Our soldiers on the bases are not allowed to have guns.

Like Duh

13. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Every base & post is different, you can carry or leave your ccw weapon as the comanding officer seems fit. At a base in NC you bring your weapons on to the base s long as they are gregistered with security.

Phil Berkowitz

14. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I doubt the majority of our soldiers would support the thought of our stateside troops being fully armed. Talk about friendly fire accidents....This may give some, reason to point the finger,,,,,but having all troops always armed would be a nightmare.

Just the other day a special forces soldier was found to be in possession of over 100 lbs of C4 at his off post home......Just what was he going to do with that????

Consider what you are suggesting.

15. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Are the same soldiers allowed to carry firearms at their bases in a war zone. If so do they start shooting up their fellow soldiers. I do think there was another instance of another Muslim American soldier throwing in a hand grenade at other soldiers. Are they only given guns right before they go into battle. Maybe guns are too dangerous period, even for our soldiers. Maybe they should go unarmed into battle. Someone could get hurt. Guns are sooooooooo dangerous. Good thing there are armed civilian women police officers we can trust to save our soldiers when needed. But can we really trust police officers with guns. Why are they safer armed than soldiers. Maybe we should get rid of all guns.

16. Bushmaster1313

We only trust women with guns if they are no taller than 5' 2", weigh no more than 125, and have fewer than 2 kids.

By the way, isn't this a good reason that the women's groups should all support concealed carry. Hard to rape someone when she is pointing the barrel of her CCW at the point on your forehead between your eyes.

17. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Jeesch guys......there are even places in Iraq where all weapons must be cleared.....Most folks do not realize the problems this would create.....Our soldiers are trained in combat.....not law enforcement.....they are trained to return fire, and ask questions later.....whats next bases with a free fire zone????

I guess then they would have to decide whether to shoot another soldier, who may look arab and is carrying.....

I've seen cases where weapons are fired on sleeping troops for training, to see how they react..With blanks....Soldiers play war games constantly to train.....having unlimited access to live ammo would be chaos.

I've actually whitnessed live ammo getting issued by mistake during training and fired on friendly troops.

A private shootin a major.....LOL

GET REAL

18. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Russ25Trap,

Exactly! Most folks without experience in the military have no clue. Military bases have trained law enforcement personnel to provide security. That female soldier that capped the A-hole did a fine job.

They might need more security forces, but we aren't privy to how many were on duty, where they were, and how well the COMMs worked to coordinate a response.

An 18 year old E2 mess cook with a 9mil strapped to his leg scares the shit out of me!

One day when I was TAD at Ft Devens, MA going to a technical school back in the late seventies my Sailor buddies and I were standing in line outside of the mess hall for lunch. Just before the entrance door there was a 55 gal. barrel buried partially in the ground on an angle and full of sand. Its purpose was to provide a safe place for MPs on duty to clear weapons before entering.

Standing in line right in front of me was this Sgt who unholstered his service .45, pointed it dutifully in the barrel and squeezed the trigger. Instead of a click, the unexpected blast of the .45ACP round proceeded to ring my ears and scare the shit out of us as it spewed a geyser of sand everywhere. I think the Sgt jumped three feet in the air himself!

Let's leave the carrying of weapons to trained law enforcement and security personnel. The last thing we need on base, or anywhere for that matter, is armed incompetents.

Guy Babin

US Navy Ret.

19. tcherry

tcherry TS Member

timberfaller,

First the truck bomb attack at the barracks in Beirut was on October 23rd, 1983. President Reagan was the CinCUS and it happened during his first term.

Second, The guards did have ammo for their M-16's but 5.56 will not stop a truck. We were not allowed to have .50 Cals on station as this would have been seen as deploying offensive weapons and inconsistent with a peace keeping force. Our ROE were set up by National Command Authority (CinCUS)

Third, the K rails that blocked vehicle access in a straight line to the barracks, a vehicle trap, had been removed for use at an USO show so the truck was able to drive straight into the front of the barracks after crashing the razor wire perimeter.

Last, there were 241 deaths 220 marines, 18 sailors and 3 soldiers. There were an additional 60 wounded.

sorry, but it's a burning memory and I prefer it be remembered correctly esp so close to the 26th anniversary and Veterans day

20. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Sounds exactly like a bunch of lib reasons. The same exact reasons against carrying concealed weapons in public. I remember in the state I live in the left saying it would be a return to the wild west with shootouts on every corner. The opposite happened. Gun deaths dropped. Outside of one small area the size of a little town, our black community, there is almost no gun violence in our city. I am not saying that every soldier needs to be armed, but enough that one man with a pistol can't shoot 50 people before being taken out himself. God help us if some well armed terrorists ever get on an army base. They might take out hundreds. It looks like are army bases are as vulnerable as our schools.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.