1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why no camping info.for the grand??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 33ZIGZAG, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 33ZIGZAG

33ZIGZAG TS Member

Why is it no one seems to know when they are going to lease out camping spots for the grand?

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

If next year is as hot as last year mine will be for sale and I'll be in Ohio @ Cardinal the week after the Grand.

3. max trap

max trap Member

If you have a premium lot and want to sell it, I have a buyer who will take it.
    Thanks Ed 402 730 2535

4. JRW

JRW Member

Bill Malcolm and I are in need of camping spot for 2011 Grand if anyone has one for rent. Thanks Jerry in MI.

5. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

Rick, you might be right in the fact that some of the campsites are being used by the workers at the the new power plant at Lively Grove but I believe that the three shoots The U.S. Open, The Grand and the fall shoot have Preferential reservations over the wokers if you have camping leases. Just my thought. Also I just recently heard the work could be slowing down at the power plant.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Rick--Not True at all.

7. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

I called and they took my name and asked me what site i preferred and if i wanted a 1 year or 5 year lease. They write your name on a list and said they will call back after the first of the year.

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

shubble, good luck with that. Last year I called 4-5 times while I was off work after an operation. Finally got a dude that took my name, but had no clue what he was doing.

Then, some young lady supposedly took over, and she was suppose to have her act together per some local TS.commers. She never called me back either. I gave up.

Hope they have their crap together this year. I wonder how many others gave up?

9. 33ZIGZAG

33ZIGZAG TS Member

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Rick--There are some construction crews from both Power Plants but the Grounds are far from filled. The lease holders have priority when the big shoots come around. In fact anytime the lease holders give their contracted notice of arrival their sites must be available. Any sites that were not spoken for though would be up for grabs for even them i suspect. I don't know what percentage if any sites fall into the category. I'm at the WSRC complex several times a week and have gathered that much info from State employees i know. Its all good---Matt

11. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The extended contract which is in the works between the ATA and the IDNR (an added 10 years totaling 15) will probably include having the ATA take over camping for at least the Grand. This may be leading to a delay in promising anything for next year until who runs what is settled by contract language.

2010 was the first year that all the camping spots were leased and filled and there was no more room. I anticipate that will be the case from here on out.

Neil

12. Paul in Mn

Paul in Mn Member

Neil, I think part of the problem of not turning in unused sites is the "I paid for it why should I turn it in so the IDNR can double dip on the fee?" mindset.

Why not reimburse the lease holder completely if he/she is not attending? Add a $10-$25 service fee (paid by the sub lessee) to whichever organization is handling the camping. As a non lease holder, I'd gladly pay the original cost plus a reasonable service fee. Sounds fair to all, right? I'm sure some would be more comfortable dealing with the ATA/IDNR rather than strangers over the internet.

I'd send a survey asking yes, no, not sure; first, second, or both weeks about attendance around Jan.-Feb. Follow up by phone around May on the undecided ones.

There are several who only shoot one week of the Grand. These sites could also be sublet for the other week, again through the survey. If the days overlap, or someone gets there a day early, perhaps the campsites by the cowboy action area could be used for a day.

Paul

13. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

They may have been leased, but I had three spots unused right in my neighborhood in the north loop. A real waste based on the number of folks on here trying to find a spot. I saw other empties as well. Theres no way you can part time manage over 1000 spots. GaryL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.