1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHY NO AAA IN OHIO

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by seitz t22, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seitz t22

seitz t22 TS Member

Just wondering why their is no aaa in ohio with that many shooters.

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

The correct answer is they are too cheap....even though no there will admit it. I have been saying for years it is time to drop "D" class all together and add AAA to ALL events. The ATA is about competing and the fact is there would be more ATA shooters in AAA than D at most all shoots........tweak the averages a little and it is the right thing to do......C B A AA AAA..... Also the long and short of it most AA shooters rarely will defeat an AAA shooter.

GS

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Has there EVER been a AAA class at a state shoot?? I don't think so....

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

5. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Frank, check out NY, PA just for starters, has been for a few years now.

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

According to p 35 of rule book ata only supports AA etc for state shoots and AAA for zone shoots! ??? Was this a state or zone shoot? both could have been held at either Cicero or elysburg!

7. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Wisconsin has AAA as well

GS

8. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Frank:

I don't think you are reading that section correctly. Any shoot can have 6 classes. In the rule you refer to dealing with the Class Champions at a State Shoot, I THINK the classes in parenthesis are there just to clarify that the trophies are class trophies and are simply an example. NYS definately provides AAA trophies, and they are listed as ATA trophies on Friday.

Whether AAA trophies are really warranted, especially in doubles is another matter. Just an issue of cost.

9. bigben

bigben Active Member

Midalake, they are not too cheap there are are less than 1 % of AAA shooter in the 98% and above ata, there are over 11%$ of there ata shooters in d class, 88% or over which do you choose, I don"t know your average but I will assume it is not AAA. the ATA bell is shaped like our Liberty bell the small top crown AAA shooters, then a smaller design for the lower lower classes, the largest class s the the classes are the lower classes. so be it! incinerate em

10. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

AAA in Iowa. Making for crap trophies because of the added class demand on a fixed budget. At one time Iowa was noted for great awards, now we win a lawn chair or flashlight. For every shooter the board thinks they will attract by offering 6 classes, they loose another to frustration and disappointment. Same for added money and options. Gun clubs prosper or die based on management decisions.

Go to your state meeting and be sure to elect good management. Not just willing labor...... good management.

Maltz

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Anyone who sells a trophy should be put on a 'Do Not Receive a Trophy List'. After all if they are that meaningless let the next in line who appreciates the trophy have it without having to buy it from the winner. Most of those guys are going after AA points anyway.

Just my 2ยข worth.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Even lowly Illinois.

13. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

MN. as well methinks.......

14. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

The Show Me State-Missouri has one.

15. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

With the larger number of shooters in D, It makes sense to eliminate AAA if you are going to drop a class. OT

16. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

If being bumped into C from D, (where I won the Ohio State non resident singles championship Saturday),means getting a prize other than a nine dollar Allen gun case, put me in AA.

blade819 (never the Ohio State again)

17. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Definitely one in Minnesota.

18. mark59

mark59 Member

Blade819 dont be in a hurry to get in AA class I won resident AA Champion and received the same $9.00 gun case.

19. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

CA has AAA as well.

20. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

You guys better quit knocking Ohio. You are going to get put on the hit list. Your state will suffer. They will not come. The gods are stirring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.