1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why MSM so bias towards Obama?????

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by ntgr8, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

The title says it all. I can understand PBS for Obama since Romney wants to cut funding. Why are all the rest (except Fox) so pro Obama and anti Romney. What will they lose if Romney wins?? The news is so one sided its not watchable. Meet the press is on now, might as well be a 1 hr campaign add for Obummer. I would like to know why.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Certain occupations, among them journalism, are what I call "utopian callings." The people drawn to them are often cut from dreamy, idealistic cloth, and feel compelled to "Make The World a Better Place." You know...Fight ignorance, Feed the poor, Uplift the downtrodden, etc. They're out to Save The World. These people usually take themselves way too seriously. And since the dividing line between voluntary philanthropy and government-coerced expropriation is a very thin one, and hardly worth noting to them, they believe it is accepted without debate that you should be taxed to make their quest a reality.

So, almost by definition, they identify with the party that puts redistribution in its platform planks.

Journalism has become just another branch of Social Work. And everybody knows it. Just recently I read an editorial from the Dayton Daily News, in which their corporate publisher-chick explained they will not be making an endorsement this year. It seems their readership is declining, and she concedes in her editorial that many readers no longer have confidence in the impartiality of their news reporting. Because, they have reliably endorsed democrats for DECADES.

So, translation: "We will continue to be just as biased as ever, only now - we're not going to make it quite so painfully obvious."

No matter what they say, you will keep getting the same, slanted presentation of issues propelled at you. The difference is, now that everybody is onto their game, they're going to take some tweaking steps to make their bias harder to prove.

Really, much of what I'm hearing from the news in this campaign is indistinguishable from Obama Administration talking points, with a few weasel words and qualifiers inserted, to preserve the technical appearance of journalistic detachment.

And with fine educators like Professor of Communications Mark Timney, tutoring the next generation of talking heads and Administration Scribes...I suspect the tradition will continue.

3. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I can see Mr Ed the talking jackass or Rachel Madcow being all dreamy about making the world a better place but wouldn't MSNBC want to be more in the middle?? Follow the money, it would seem that the Corp would want to collect from both sides.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Government workers and media people are the same, they hang out together, they are friends. Almost every city I've been to the newspaper office was just down the street from city hall. They eat at the same resturants, drink at the same bars,etc..... Again they are one and the same. And television news? Those people just cover what is in the headline of the local newspaper or a car wreck they might drive upon.

News people don't go out and cover businesses or what is going on at the local factory. Those people don't have time to bs with the newspeople, they are busy working. So where do they head? Back down to city hall where 95% of the people are on coffee break and plenty of time to shoot the breeze.

In defense of the media, the only people they see are low lifes or people in need. They see the wife beaters, drunks, dopers, that the local police haul in, or some homeless guy. That is the only John Q Public they see. They think 98% of the population is that way, people who are either trouble makers or people whom can't feed themselves, so to them their buddies in government are saviors.

The problem is they need to get out and away from their government worker buddies for a while.

Or what buzz gun said!

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

You think Andrea Mitchell or Chris Matthews have any friends or realtionships with people outside the media or government? No. The only private sector people they have any contact with are their doorman at their building and the limo driver who drives them to the office. Oh sure they might use a caterer every now and then, but other than that?

The cocktail parties they attend are all DC or NY government or media wigs. They couldn't find a factory worker, construction worker, accountant, engineer, nurse,etc to admit to knowning them if their life depended on it.

Even when they go to the airport, they go through TSA security agents,(because private security isn't allowed) then ushered into 1st class while the great unwashed are herded into coach.

In their minds we the people are idoits, scum, low lifes, and the only thing that keeps us alive is them and their government buddies.

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Those other news facilities are either owned by Democrats or by those who have sold their hearts to the devil. Jackie B.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I believe it goes back to the college level. Conservative schools do not get the big money from on high. Only schools with a decided liberal slant get grants from big corporations and Bank trusts. No conservative school would ever allow a puke like Ward Churchill to spew his garbage.(compared 9/11 victims to Nazis).

If you pour that crap into someone's head for 4 years it will stick, and only the most observant will see it for the bullshit that it is.

Fudge packing? Great!

Baby killing? Oh, wonderful!

Big government? Is there any other?

And on and on.

Once these fallacies are perceived as the norm media panders to them and does all it can to advance them.

And that, dear children is why there is a Silent Majority. (Conservatives)

And when we make ourselves known, like the last year or so we are attacked viciously because we threaten their very existance.

Look at how Sarah Palin (and family) was treated by the media. Moochelle, now that's different.

2 more days.

HM

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

It's been many years that I watched anything other then FOX so have no idea what the other networks are pushing.

Don't watch the VIEW or David Letterman either.

9. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

The way you can voice your opposition is by not watching the mainstream media. We now have choices and I exercise my right to not watch these liberal channels and not buying newspapers and magazines. In our family there is only one show (Dancing With The Stars) on a mainstream channel that my wife watches. I do not watch any programs or news shows on any channel except FOX NEWS, FOX Business and some of the cable channels such as Investigative Discovery, Discovery and other kindred channels. And, when Juan Williams, Alan Colmes and Bob Beckel comes on FOX News I often switch to a music channel. I'm too old to waste my time watching people who seems to never add intelligently to the conversation or debate; i.e., talking points only muddy the water are not intelligent conversation. Better to watch some business news and avoid these liberal pundants altogether. BT100dc

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Bt-100dc, I turn Fox off too when the 3 aboved mentioned clowns come on plus I turn off when Geraldo makes an apperance. LOL

11. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Hey Bisi: I failed to mention Geraldo. He's definitely on my turn the channel list. I've practically worn the lettering off the LAST button on the remote. Thanks, BT100dc

12. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

The one thing not mentioned here is that the MEDIA is out there to make money! PERIOD!

If the facts enterfer with the story ignore them!

If Ignoring the facts sells the story, SELL IT!

When you see HOW many sheeple follow the BS because it is in print/on TV, and "THOSE PEOPLE HAVE A SACRED DUTY THEY COULD NOT LIE!"

It is easy to see why the media will look down thier noses at anyone NOT in thire circles!

Al

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.