1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Ljutic ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I was just noodling around looking at the various gun dealers web sites. Pacific Arms had a Ljutic space gun advertised for $7,995. What in the world was Joe Ljutic thinking and what notch was this supposed to fill ?

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Thurst hammer, reduction in recoil very good, excellent visibility. Excelent trigger...imo, a flawed gun 'cause too hard to operate. But what a shooter...but fit was problematical. Ahead of its time, too bad wasn't refined a bit more.

3. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

Those of use that love them is because of durability, simplicity. and quick tiggers. Al Ljutic was the patriarch, not Josesp(son). Al was the firearms creater of all time, thinking out of the box. Buy a Ljutic, love it, shoot it, for life.

4. lgunluvr

lgunluvr Member

Those of use that love them is because of durability, simplicity. and quick tiggers. Al Ljutic was the patriarch, not Josesp(son). Al was the firearms creater of all time, thinking out of the box. Buy a Ljutic, love it, shoot it, for life.

5. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I had a Space Gun for over 25 years. When I bought it, Al showed me how to operate it. I could push someone with a regular opening gun in a shoot off. Not cumbersome at all. Way ahead of it's time. Asking myself many times, why did I ever sell it!!

Tomas

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Subject: Selka Value ?
    Email:
    Date: Sat, Oct 29, 2011 - 09:39 PM ET
    Website Address:

This might be the gun that is currently on our site under the used gun page. It is a Selka Space Bi-gun combo set. It is serial # 002. The gun features a 32" single barrel & a 30" o/u. I was told that there were only three of these model guns ever built. It has Al Ljutic's signature on the side of the receiver. Gun appears to be in great shape and it will surely be a collectors item at some point. Take a look it is a very unique shotgun.

Dennis DeVault

7. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

It is a keeper...proud to be MADE IN U.S.A.

8. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Al was the best salesman in the World. He took a copy off of the mod. 12, Made a single out of it and charged 4-6 times more than the mod. 12 !!! Smart guy eh?
    Clyde

9. mcurry2507

mcurry2507 TS Member

What did ljutic get from mdl 12? Choke?

10. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

MONO gun is the best thing they ever made. Simple design, very fast and a clay grinder.

11. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

A lightweight LTX with a 33-34" bbl is one of the finest guns made. The LTX's are very similar to the TM-1 or TMX because of the bbl wt. It allows the so-so shooter to correct the very minor mistake that may cause a miss. The bbls move very quickly. But you have to like a light wt gun & shoot lower velocity loads. The one Ljutic I still kick myself for not buying was a 28" perfect condition 4 barrel,4 gauge skeet set. And only $6000 when a K-32/MX-8 4 bbl set in that condition was $45-5000

12. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

If I could afford a Ljutic, I would own many. I have shot a couple and never missed a bird when shooting them. Probably the reason the owners wouldn't let me shoot more then a round or two with em. Al Ljutic was an innovator that created a product that would withstand other Big Brand gun makers guns.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.