1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why? Limited release of 2009 Shooting Dates

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tjwatc, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjwatc

tjwatc TS Member

I was just wondering if anyone can answer this puzzling question. Why does it seem that it takes so long to get dates for the 2009 shooting year?

I know that some shoots fall on "traditional" weekends, but I would think that clubs would want to advertise and help promote their shoot. For example, I attended the Western Grand in Spokane in September. I was suprised that no one that I talked to could tell me the location and the dates for 2009. I happened to just see it in T&F last month. Why not at the end of the shoot or even in the program have an announcement of "See you in 2009 at the XYZ Gunclub on Aug 123.

For some of use we need to plan to take time off or simply want to work family vacations into or around our shooting. To me it would be like not releasing the dates of the Grand American until February or March.

Just a crazy question from a fairly new shooter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.