1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is it every winter people get so grumpy???????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rhett1977, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

I realize this is off topic but I am confused in a serious way. Every time winter rolls around people on here get so pissy about anything and everything. Is it because some folks can't/won't shoot because of the cold weather? Or maybe there is another reason. And it's not just contained to this site I've noticed. I subscribe to a few other shooting related sites and I'm amazed at people's behavior around the winter. If you would/can, please tell me what causes this phenomenon. Thanks, Rhett

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You mean like you are now?? You have let this bother you so much you started a thread about it.

3. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Human Nature, we are all spoiled, crying because we cannot get what we want which is warm weather. But I am grumpy with a smile because spring is just around the corner. At least that is my story, WaahhhhWaaahhhh LOL

CM

4. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

How am I being grumpy? I asked a simple question is all. It's not necessarily that it bothered me so much that I started this thread only that I see very nice people that usually give great advice in a friendly manner be pricks in the winter time. How is that being mean? As I said I am just curious. Thanks

5. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I think it is a legit question. I believe he is referring to the Javelin missile thread. I agree, it appears there are quite a few grumpy old codgers that have nothing better to do but to read in to the title of threads, miss read an entire post, argue just for the sake of arguing or the fact some member pissed them off several years ago and just can't get over it.

Bryan

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Because we have to find the right gifts, then see the in laws for dinner...

7. FlyerTom

FlyerTom Member

Driving in snow, sleet, ice or anything remotely slick.

Scraping ice off --- everything

Perpetual darkness outside

Flu/Cold season

Can't do anything while wearing gloves.

Chapped lips.

Dirty, ugly snow. Let's face it - the world is only pretty for 5 minutes after it snows.

Toe freeze, brain freeze, ear freeze.

Traffic accidents everywhere.

Following the clown who wants to get one more season out of his bald 10-year-old "all-season" tires.

"Besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, what did you think of the play?"

8. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I am equally pissy in all weather...winter has nothing to do with it.

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I work part time for a guy and anytime around holidays He is horrible to be around. Finds fault in everything and He really got to me this week. I almost quit but I love what I do. I get to order Hunting and Fishing supplies for the store and look forward to finding the new products and run the store when the owner is gone. But back to attitudes on TS.com. Some folks are negative year round on here. Then still others can't wait to find fault with anything said by someone else. Just like the deal with the all white clubs. I have been in several that didn't have it written on the wall but you didn't see anyone of color. If you wanted to shoot there you didn't dare say anything about it to anyone. One club that I visited north of Sacramento Ca. was that way and never saw a person of color in the whole town. I joined a Bass club in the South and fished with them until I was told it was a unspoken rule not to invite people of color. As you might imagine I didn't go by that rule and didn't stay in the club very long.

10. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

It's not just the Javelin missile thread but others also. And like I said it's not just here. I guess I didn't realize the someone pissed somebody else off because I try to stay to myself and only say something that I think is worthwhile. I don't have a lot of experience in shooting so I am constantly trying to learn. Thanks for letting me know what the deal was. I thought it was just me that saw it. Thanks again everyone, Rhett

11. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Because the holiday season causes a disruption in every aspect of my life.

Because my wife goes totally batshit crazy every year.

Because every doorknob in the house has a stuffed snowman or Santa head on it, and I can't open a door without cursing.

Because our Christmas tree falls over at least once a year.

Is that enough reason, or do you want me to continue?????

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Just everybody shut up!! I'm try'n to watch the Emmy Award winning show "Black Gold" dammit. You guys piss me off. LOL :)

Oh, they didn't win a Emmy?

13. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Nice work Bryan. Throw insults at people under the guise of you having depth of understanding and the ability to let it all slide like water off a ducks back.

Your true colors are showing...grow up a little.

14. Calkidd

Yes, you should and the sooner you believe that the better off you will be, or should I say the more RELAXED you'll be. Apparently, you're still a little wound up. Breathe, in through the nose for 5, hold for 5, breathe out through the mouth for 5.....Atta girl.

15. Calkidd

Shall I completely delete my thread and re-write it to be more like you? If you thought that was a guise, well....if the shoe fits.....

16. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

Ok who is Bryan?

17. Calkidd

Sorry, I forgot to sign my last post....ME

Bryan

18. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I see it getting worse as winter approaches, but really think that winter has nothing to do with it. It has been like this since before summer. It is what society is. Jon

19. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

SAD (seasonal effective disorder), aka "cabin fever"

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Part of the problem is posters who post dumb threads just for the sake of posting. Then they get upset when told they are dumb threads or posts.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.