1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Is All My Email Called SPAM

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Old Dog, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Dog

Old Dog TS Member

We just recently dropped Norton and installed AVG for our anti-virus. So far, I liked Norton better. But, I guess it takes time to get used to something new. One thing that I don't care for is: the emails I receive have [SPAM] right after the sender's address even though all of the emails I have received so far are from my friends and relatives. I thought when I emailed them back, maybe AVG would pick up on that and stop with the [SPAM] thing. But, I'm still getting it. Anyone know what's up with that?

Thanks,

OD

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I use Trend's PC-cillin (was using AVG Pro but it consumed way too much memory) and my SPAM is usually sent to the SPAM folder. If not, I simply click block sender and all future spam like it goes to the Spam folder.

You may have your Internet Security setting set too high.

Whiz

3. Old Dog

Old Dog TS Member

Thanks Guys. I adjusted the setting, we'll see how that works.

OD

4. Old Dog

Old Dog TS Member

Juno...Don't know yet if the new setting works. Have not received any new email. Also, I don't think contacting the ISP would be the answer because this problem didn't occur until I installed AVG. I never had a problem when I was using Norton. Once more, I learn "if it works, don't fix it."

OD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.