1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why IKinda Miss Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

blade819_2008_030319.jpg

Since Bow season opened today in many states, I had to repost this thread! Eat you heart out Hunters!

blade819

2. blade819

Now it's North Georgia and the Bear problem!

blade819

3. Slugo

Slugo Member

that is so cool! My brother in law was stationed at Ent AFB back in the 70's. We used to visit the Springs often, before it became such a large city that stretched the whole way up I-25 to Denver. I need to get back there. Thanks for posting, it made my day... :)

Mike, Harrisburg, PA

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I miss it also, lived across from the Academy high up with a beautiful view and lots of wild animals. I went back this year and last and the Springs has grown so much I could barely find my way around. They have as much traffic as denver now & the buildings block the views of the Garden Of The Gods

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

You don't get it much fresher than that ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. blade819

It's "a nice place to visit".

blade819

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

I have problems with the lack of oxygen at CSP. Not enough to sustain my life.... Also it's too cold nag gets that crap called snow.

Tb

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

after you live there a couple years you get used to the thin air but it does snow. went ona trip for a weekend to wisconsin, when I returned there was 48 inches and I could not get in my house

9. blade819

I lived at 7100 feet and never got used to it. When I got my shoulder operated on,they sent me home with oxygen.

blade819

10. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

I was stationed out there in the Springs for 3 years Loved every minute of it and miss it today...
    Had a west facing window in the apartment I rented, some of the best sunsets ever..
    Thanks for the memories, would love to get back and see all the changes..

Jake

11. blade819

I had to re post this since Bow season opened today in Georgia. Eat your heart out Hunters!

blade819

12. Landshark

Landshark Member

It's not 104 degrees up there is it?

13. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

If anyone wants some of those lawn decorations like blade819 posted, you can by them at Home Depot, Lowes and some larger nursery centers.

We also hav e the larger elk,moose, bear, mountain lions, big horn sheep, turkey (all kinds of fowl) and lots of democrats.
    They are really hard to skin and clean and you can't always get the stink gland.

Some hunting starts as early as 8/15.

As much as I love Colorado is is getting too expensive to live here. My 4 year old Caddy still costs me over $500.00 in license fees. They always vote democrat in Denver and because it is the largest population in the State, it controls everything that goes on. The last governor raised a lot of taxes, including raising car registrations double, twice! Creating all kinds of fees. Property taxes are getting unreal and they want to increase them a lot more.

They want to return to a progressive income tax, whereas we now have a flat tax just under 5%. Sales tax in Denver is almost 8%. Every election there is a ballot to increase all taxes for schools. We have a taxpayers bill of rights, some cities have got voters to exempt themselves from that and many want to repeal it. All is not good here in paradise.

14. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Love that PhotoShop.

15. Rick Barker

This picture graces the cover of the Colorado Div of Wildlife hunting guide.

rickbarker_2009_2505154.jpg

I have my own reservations about harvesting an elk this small.

16. blade819

Well I moved back to North Georgia last December. I, like Rick, have a few complaints and they all involve money. Right before I left the Springs they shut of every third street light, closed all playgrounds and police would only respond asap if there was a felony in progress. Being a biker, I never rode in a city with so many potholes. Yet their x Mayor, a Republican, turned down 25 million in stimulus money to repair the roads. While I enjoyed all the wild life, the mountains and our views from our house, riding the bike (outside the city), Air Force Football games and the Pikes Peak Gun Club and the guys there that I met and shot with, I am glad to be back in North Georgia.

blade819

17. Rick Barker

blade819, how long ago was that, that you moved back East?

18. Rick Barker

Well, you have not been gone all that long.

Sorry you had to leave here.

With all the revenue increases they are talking about, sounds like you got out just in time.

I would love to be able to winter further South, like Prescott, Tucson, Phoenix, Flagstaff and spend my summers here.

19. rsikole

rsikole Member

I was born, raised and lived in Colorado Springs for about 30 years. Moved to Northern CO after that. Colorado Springs is a great place and CO is a great state to live in. Great opportunities for fishing, hunting, hiking, camping, biking, etc......Trying to get a job back there now so I can move back.

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I have the same problem in Southern Illinois, only with squirrels. In AZ it's walking quail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.