1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why I Will Not Be Shooting This Weekend

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by RLC323, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I was looking forward to the Illii Indian Central Zone Shoot at Menard this weekend. But it looks like I am out of luck this time. This is Rt 100 to the North:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Rt 100 to the South:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If the river was not closed to traffic I would consider taking the boat to Petersburg for the shoot.

Planning to take the bow out on the water over the road and try to spear some Buffalo when the water is less riled up next week. Clear water is running out of the creeks now and the fish are feeding there.

Luckily the home here is high and dry on the bluff, and we are able to drive the truck up through the hill country to get to Rushville. A usual 15 minute trip to town now takes an teeth rattling hour.

2. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

So now somebody else has a chance Ron!

Pretty crazy pics. Glad to hear you're high and dry, hang in there.

John

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Reminds me of the Sacramento Valley when I was a kid.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the story about Obama being asked his views on the legal case Roe vs. Wade...

-

His response was "why would I care how anyone left Mississippi??"

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Should fit between those signs. GO FOR IT!

6. warren

warren Member

Move to Nevada great shoot in Winnemucca tomorrow temp 80 degrees, 56 squads, already. Plus you can buy guns here.

warren

7. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Here are a few photos the Queen took last night on the way back to our home with her Iphone. She has been staying with her brothers family on the high ground during the week as there is no way for her to get out to work in her car.

The Il river set a new record of 28.8 topping the previous 28.6 from 1943, and is slowly dropping. Needless to say there is water in places I have never seen it.

Thes photos are from the back way in on Hawkeye road. I put those red flags up before the water got over on Monday so we would have something to aim for and keep it out of the ditches.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the right of the last picture you can see Sugar Creek through the trees which is backed up by the river. Probably about a mile to the river from here at the bend in the creek.

We are running through well over a foot of water at the deepest part.

For you non-river rats, don't try this. Turn around, don't drown!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.