1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why I voted for Obama.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by tomc66, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

I have been a life time member of the Republican Party but I voted for Obama. Why? The answer is George Bush. George Bush was such a disaster that I felt I had no alternative but to vote for Obama. When Bush was sworn in, we were running a budget surplus of about $150 billion per year. It was projected that we would pay off the national dept in 2009. Bush proceeded to reduce taxes for the wealthy and sustained a deficit of $250 billion in his first year of office. He claimed the tax cut was needed to pull us out of a recession. Greatly lower interest rates brought us out of the recession, not his tax cut. People reduced their morgage rates from 8 to 9% to 5% or lower freeing up huge amounts of case to spend on other items. Businesses did likewise. The deficet amount grew each year he was in office. He was President for 9 months when 911 happened but took no responsibility for it. He got us into a war in Iraq for what? There was no El Queda in Iraq nor were there weapons of mass destruction. Bush had a vision of Democracy for the world. Nice thought but the price was way too high. We lost about 4,500 soldiers in Iraq and 50,000 returned home wounded. Another 50,000 + have mental problems returning from Iraq. Bush did chase El Queda and the Teliban from Afganistan but then let them return as he was over extended in Iraq. Bush was soft on illegal immigration. He appointed a new head of the SEC who proceeded to go soft on enforcing regulations in the banking industry. Bush by default,gave Chaney way to much power. Bush in his arrogance, tried to upset the balance of power in the three branches of goverment. Bush alienated us from every friend we had in the world. Current historians rate Bush as the fifth worse President ever.

I am not against universal health care as lone as it is paid for. I am currently subscribing to Medicare. I bet most of the forum members also are on Medicare. If the goverment can provide medical care for you, then why not for everyone? You are all scared of Obama taking away your guns. Will not happen. He has not introduced a single bill that would affect your gun owner's rights. The economy is improving. The banks are paying back the money they borrowed. The stock market has recovered. Give him a chance.

2. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

ostrich

3. high 2

high 2 Member

A joke, right?

4. Cooter

Cooter Member

IN COMMING!!!!!!!!

5. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I don't believe I'da tole dat.

6. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

The reason they can now pay for "part" of my insurance,(I pay for a supplement and part D),now that I am over 66 is because I paid into Social Security for 51 years. They of course hope I don't live past the average life span which I believe is now about 74 for my age generation. Pay in for 51 years, collect for 8 ,What A Deal. Glenn

7. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

I'm not biting~!

Let's see who's the first Fish on!

8. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

I have one statement and one question.

Bush has not been president for eleven (11) months and the stock market has not recovered, my account is down 17.67% from it's high on 3 Jan 06.

And,

Are you better off now than you were a year ago? The companies we work with (100's in the construction and engineering business) are not.

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Heck, 7 sentences and a mistake,,,,toting the lib line of "cut taxes on the wealthy",,,,it was an across the board tax cut,,,,that means ALL tax payers....

10. tomc66

tomc66 Member

Remember Bush was President in Jan. 06 (and for three more years) when the stock market started going south.

11. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Obama wasn't gonna raise taxes on anyone that makes less than 250 k a year. What happened to that?

Is El Queda and the Teliban a mexican band or something at taco bell?

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Trolling!!!!
    [​IMG]

13. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

14. white rattler

white rattler Member

With the change in temp. are we now fishing through the ice. Trevor Dawe

15. Doug Kennedy

Doug Kennedy Active Member

This is all I can say

16. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

Well put Tom, I know about 53% of the people on this site hate to see this. I also figure about half of them are neo-cons, how think they shouldn't pay any taxes and they are always right because they were born white. John

17. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

Learn to use spell check.

18. RAScott

RAScott Member

Some still drink the koolaid.
    He wont have to pass legislation on your guns, he will ratify the treaty with the new world goverment he has planned.

lets face it Tomc66, he hates this country and all the greedy people that have made it great, and helped others help themselves. Obama (your President) truly feels that only goverment is the answer.

I own a construction company and we have not recovered, nor will we for a long time. You liberals enjoy keeping people down while the whole time telling them that you are helping them.

Get a life, and open your eyes, stop being played a fool.

Bob S

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

Cripes, he could have summed up his reason in 5 words:

"My Union told me to."

20. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I'd bet the first sentence was BS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.