1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why I love this sport

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by widomaker, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Last week I went to the Central Zone Shoot here in NY and shot 16's did ok for me and then shot the Handicap and broke a 97 good enough for a win and my very first punch 1 yard :)).

After that I was so puffed up that on Sunday the next week I went to my clubs Mid-State thinking I'm looking for my first 100 in handicaps and walked off with a 79 ????? THUD to the ground..

I'm thinking walking back to the clubhouse wtf just happened here ?? How the hell is that possible ???? How do you shoot a 97 one week then from 1 yard further back a 79 sheesh.

You have to love this sport :)

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Everytime you think your getting good, the Trap Gods will turn their back on you. In the future try to maintain a good relationship with them.........

3. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Even the best home run hitter strikes out a lot.

As Jerry Reed said, when you are hot, you are hot and when you are not, you are not.

Ed Ward

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Jerry Reed only wishes he possessed the proper English quoted by Ed our school_teacher. I guess you can't take the teacher out of the trap shooter.

I think it was probably more like: When ya hot, ya hot; n when ya not, ya not. I wouldn't be surprised if our buddy Jerry got kicked out of third grade for shaving....

I shot a 97 singles followed by a 68 hcp one day at Elysburg last year. The emotional swing hurt so bad I dreaded the next day's events.

Guy Babin

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I haven't had a real bad day shooting trap lately but was shooting skeet and have almost 24 average with a 410. Mine is full choke in both barrels and had been feeling good about my shooting and then last weekend I shot a 15, yea that's right a 15. I haven't shot that bad in longer than I can remember. One of the guys I was shooting with shot a 99, can you imagine how I felt. But, I'll be back. The same day I shot a 19 while shooting wobble scrap. I went from 1 to 7 and back to one and back to 7. Just no figuring sometimes. Jackie B.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I shot on a squad with a guy who shot a 62 in the morning and a 99 in the afternoon, same traps, same day, just a few hours later from the same 27 yardline ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

90 percent of trapshooting is 10 percent mental ;}

8. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Been there, done that and have the tee shirt. In fact I should get another tee shirt for last Sundays performance.

9. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

As quoted from a wiser then most friend, "You haven't shot your worst score, Yet!"

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.