1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why I am going back to a Caesar Guerini

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 870, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 870

870 Well-Known Member

How did the new gun raise your average if it is in the shop having the release installed?

2. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Gary, please do not play the options on the caps at all the big Cardinal shoots this year, and for God's sake, do not enter the calcutta with an average like that over the course of 300 targets! I have enough trouble with the big dogs there! I sure don't need to worry about you! Thanks, Tom Rhoads

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

YOu mean you broke all those birds wiht a pull trigger? Or your Alferman?

4. JACK

Well, I buy into Gary's enthusiasm some, and I did know that he popped for a new combo... I guess I had forgotten he had shot to that 93+ average with his really-REALLY old CG that he has had for how long now Gary? And as long as you are telling us of your good scores tell us how many CG scores went into your 87 ave of last years 1000 birds. BTW, 87 ave from 27 is nothing to sneeze at. That in-and-of-itself tells me that your targets are fear-struck coming out of the house.

It is kinda like me claiming I am a 91 ave hcp shooter and unfrotunately I will not know my average until about October 2010

But, I'm hep Gary. With your enthusiasm you will likely "bust-em-all" at some point this year.

I'm really on your side and hope to watch you shoot that round.

87-01936

5. JACK

I think this is a catalog version of Gary's new gun. Chime in Gary and tell us how yours compares to this file web photo

[​IMG]

Tell me too, since you have experience with this gun if your gun has a slight drop at comb as this gun appears to have. And anyone else that has a CG, let me know if your gun has this feature.

Jack

6. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Longshot:

Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. Try using complete sentences next time.

7. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

Gary, congrats on your new gun. release triggers in international trap are a no-no

8. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

MIA my Guerini had the drop at comb, and most low grade guerinis even have better wood than is pictured. I'm not sure where the cord to my camera went or otherwise i would try to upload some photos of mine, but i lost it a while ago. I have put the country gentleman's adjustable buttplate on my gun, and it really helped my shooting. I really like my guerini. I thought you had bought one a while back MIA? The reason my averages are so low last year and this year is because I knew i needed glasses but i thought my vision was ok. I just recently bought shooting glasses and in my winter league (50 singles, 50 caps) I have broken three 95's, and a 96. I hope to shoot much better in the new season now that i have my glasses.

Sincerely, Osker Reynolds

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

MIA my CG does not have that drop in the comb it is straight, and Zero Pitch w/Gracoil adj/pad/LOP and w Gracoil at it's shortest length it is 14 1/8th LOP
    I get the same sight picture w/both Bbls. My last CG gave me a 19"inch pattern at 40 yards w/full choke tube, that is what I shot at the Las Vegas Fall Tournement. Boy was it hot out there 98 degrees, just wish it could get up to 60 degrees here HaHa. The only other Modification was adding some shot to the stock to balance it out, but this gun is well balanced w/the Gracoil.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Were those two hole or three hole targets in Vegas?

Just curious...Rick in Mt.

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new gun,,,,,Was the post about how often does someone get a new gun written about you??? ;)

12. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Boy, that's ugly wood.

BB

13. racer

racer TS Member

Looks like a nice gun. Can you post those patterns now? Thanks,Dan

14. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

We have a 16 yr old at the club that uses one of these guns. In fact, I believe she has one of they're newest models not offerred yet in the market. And yes, she shoots good. I went up against her a week ago and we both went 25 at 16. Jim

15. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Racer, a "19-inch pattern" is one with its center 19 inches above the point of aim. I think...

Neil

16. racer

racer TS Member

Neil, I guess I hadn't thought of it that way. I've been sitting in front of my computer with credit card ready to buy what ever would pattern 19" at 40 yards :) Dan

17. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Neil, I thank Gary means 19" across (as in diameter) the pattern.
    Don

18. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I think most Guerini have nice wood. I have a Summit trap combo.
    The photo shows the unsingle only with my sporters. They do shoot good.

19. Dr.Longshot

Neil I have an pattern that centers 20 Inches high, and it is a 19"inch diameter pattern at 40 yards. I have to take a picture of my pattern to show everyone what I am talking about.

This is a high shooting gun, I don't know of any new gun out of the box that shoots as high as a Caesar Guerini Un-single.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

20. Dr.Longshot

Don Renner you have my old one, have you patterned it yet with the rib all the way down in the front yet?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.