1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why green clays?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cynergystan, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

The range where I do most of my shooting uses green targets (White flyer)for trap and orange for skeet. It appears to me that such color flies against the norm. I am sure there is a good reason for the color choice and it makes no difference to me except insofar as my choice of lens color in my shooting glasses. Every high quality shooting glass maker emphasizes how their glasses enhance the "orange" of the targets. What color lenses should one use to enhance a green target? Is it me or have others been faced with this question? Thanks. Stan Phillips

2. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

My apologies.My"subject" is misleading.I am more concerned with the answer to the question in the body of the thread than to the question seemingly presented.

3. laura!

laura! Member

I find the same lenses work for me regardless of the clay color. I use the ranger purple for really sunny, vermillion for not so sunny and the yellow lenses suck unless you're shooting indoors.

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Actually Green targets stand out if shooting against a reddish brown/tan back ground that makes orange targets hard to see.

Decot makes a blue colored lens called Blue Ice developed for lime green targets. Brown and/or Bronze also makes the green stand out for me.

Not everybody sees colors the same way. If you can, check out the colors before buying.

Jason

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've not shot trap with green clays, but I've shot various sizes of sporting clays targets that were green.<br>
    <br>
    A couple of things I noticed is that the green works very well around sunset when the sky goes red. Regular clays disappear into it. And green minis and rockets show up very well compared to red.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.