1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Glenn Beck lost his Fox News show: 4 theories

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

At link:

Why Glenn Beck lost his Fox News show: 4 theories

2. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I like Glen Beck but at the 5:00 PM EST time slot, I would much rather have a world news program. Too often, I find myself switching channels to CNN or a local news channel.

I hope that we see several specials by Glen on Fox in the future.

Ed Ward

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

None of the above!

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- FOX News and Mercury Radio Arts, Glenn Beck’s production company, are proud to announce that they will work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the FOX News Channel (FNC) as well as content for other platforms including FOX News' digital properties. Glenn intends to transition off of his daily program, the third highest rated in all of cable news, later this year.

Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of FOX News said, “Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody’s standards. I look forward to continuing to work with him."

Glenn Beck said, “I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and FOX News. I cannot repay Roger for the lessons I’ve learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership."

Joel Cheatwood, SVP/Development at FOX News, will be joining Mercury Radio Arts effective April 24, 2011. Part of his role as EVP will be to manage the partnership and serve as a liaison with FOX News.

Ailes said, “Joel is a good friend and one of the most talented and creative executives in the business. Over the past four years I have consistently valued his input and advice and that will not stop as we work with him in his new role."

"Glenn Beck" is consistently the third highest rated program on cable news. For the 27 months that “Glenn Beck” has aired on FOX News, the program has averaged more than 2.2 million total viewers and 563,000 viewers 25-54 years old, numbers normally associated with shows airing in primetime, not at 5pm. “Glenn Beck" has dominated all of its cable news competitors since launch.

Progressive liberals are surely celebrating, something tells me the party will be short lived.

Robert

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I am going with the "moving on to other things" statement.

Getting primetime numbers in the 5 o'clock slot just doesn't happen, but he did it.

After observing how his prognostications developed, You have to wonder.

HM

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Robert - Your link takes you to a joint press release. Joint press releases are hardly an unbiased source of information.

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Ed - I would prefer more news and less commentary and analysis at any or all the "news" stations. 11 p.m. would be a good time for a rerun of "Special Report" instead of another rerun of O'Reilly.

BTW, "Fox Report with Shepard Smith" is the only hour of cable "news" without commentary.

7. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

The reason is simple...Beck is crazy. That's why 300 advertisers went running for cover.

8. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

I agree with K-Eighty, Beck is CRAZY.

Add to that I consider everyone who stands up for freedom and liberty crazy.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Cheer up folks, It will soon be like Communist China in the Mao years, after the "Cultural Revolution".

One big happy prison populated by paupers who dare not show displeasure.

The budget pissing match with the pukes having a death grip on the maxed-out credit card will play out to a compromise with a meager pittance of spending cuts that won't change anything.

I have to make sure and watch GB tonight for the finish.

HM

10. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

I agree with the suggestion above that Beck would have been better served in the time slot of the reruns of either O'Reilly or Hannity.

For those sponsors who deserted him for any reason, I have no use for them or their products either. The truth hurts lib marketing staffs, particularly when he does get out on the edge of a topic sometimes. Why would a smart company, otherwise, pull advertising from a show as popular as Beck? I also think that we can't discount reduced advertising budgets in this economy and the horrible time slot he was in as contributing factors. I wouldn't want my products advertised during dinner and the evening commute if there were other better time slots available.

Yes, "crazy" is a convenient term used for Beck by the libs. If he's crazy, consider me a patient in the same asylum.

Dave

11. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

I challenge ANYONE, particularly liberals, to refute ANY of Beck's facts in his book Broke. I love how the libs demonize and refute without any facts to back them up.

12. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

If Beck is "crazy" that must make the likes of Matt Lauer, David Bauder, Katie C.

INSANE!

13. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Beck was taken off the radio locally (NY) due to ratings drop. He can be a bit one dimensional like Hannity. The other thing that didn't help him here was it was 2 minutes of program and 10 min of commercials and if you wanted to know his magical mystery answer to his proficies you had to subscribe to the insider extreme for the pay tolisten 4th hour or watch him on FOX. Oh ya ... Van Jones Van Jones Van Jones and Van Jones. He'll probably start his own pay per view network to cash in on his 5 years of fame.

14. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Glenn Beck did a tremendous amount of good with the education of his viewers. He says things others only think but do not have the courage or perspicacity to say - like O'reilly!.

Shepard Smith is the only one on Fox I do not watch - and he has 2 hours! What kind of name is "Shepard" any way; or was that his last job?

15. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

I'm surprised the libs in NY even allowed him air time to begin with. If there's a place he NEEDS to be heard it's NY (second only to Calimexico).

To the dismay of the country's libs, he will continue to be heard from. Their claims of his demise are greatly exaggerated - more like wishes.

And yes, Sheppard Smith bores me.

16. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

The most emailed news item on yahoo this morning is the rant from "The Daily Beast" about Glenn Beck. Sad. It's at the link above.

17. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

An answer without words.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

18. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"What kind of name is "Shepard" any way; or was that his last job?"

Yep, and the sheep were nervous. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.