1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why for sale here?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

David takes great pains to keep this site up and is always trying to make it better for us and easier to use. A while back he created different classifications which at first was hard to get used to but it has made it far easier for all of us. I still see guns for sale in the shooting related threads when they need to be in the " For Sale" class.

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I suspect it's as simple as some folks not paying attention when they click "Create New Thread".

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I posted a F/S thread today, and put it the "For Sale" class, but it ended up on the main board. What did I do wrong?

4. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

I have not been able to find a "For Sale" listing -- where is it? the beav

5. cubancigar2000

when you click create thread look to your upper left and select the proper area. There is a box to check

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

The box to the right of the create a thread box can be selected and then all threads will be separated by category.

7. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Yes, but I see nothing that would let you VIEW just "for sale" items - do you?? the beav

8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Mr. cubancigar2000, you say --------"but maybe they should enforce that rule", correct? Where is this "rule" posted? I saw that it is available to use, but didn't know that it was a rule. Don't need anymore dang rules, Obammy makes enough for all of us.

Gne J

9. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

To view 'Categories' (as opposed to next any-hog at the trough) go to 'Change Password/Settings' and tick 'View Categories'; Update and exit; re-enter the forum.

To select a FS listing, create a new thread: there's the title, and below that are 4 Categories. If you don't tick any one of them, the default is Shooting/General Interest.

It surely helps clean up the mass of data.

Bob

10. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I noticed also that if you dont choose catagories a FS add will appear on the general forum even if you select FS when you make you add.
    Tabbing catagories seperates the forums into the specific 4 catagories.

11. david

david Member

The problem is people not choosing the proper category when they create a new thread. Categories are chosen when you create a new thread.

In order to view the list of threads in a category view you need to click the link called "Category View" or go in to your "Change Password/Settings" link and set it there.

When you are in non-category view all threads are listed no matter the category. In either view threads are sorted by those with the most recent post.

Hope this helps.

David

PS. I go through the shooting related threads category daily and recategorize for sale and wanted threads.

12. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Look people. Unless you CHOOSE to view the threads in the organized categories, ALL POSTS SHOW IN THE FORUM in the date order they are entered. and the default View is a NON-CATEGORIZED VIEW of all threads.

ONLY if you choose, by clicking on the words "CATEGORY VIEW", do the threads get organized into the categories David has given us.

Try it. If you prefer to come back to the Non-Category View, you can also do that.

Also, the forum appears to hold your preferred view the next time you log on, assuming the cookie TS.com planted is still on your PC.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

13. cubancigar2000

Thx David, thats good to know

14. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Sooooo many forum "users" fail to read the Forum Thread Information post at the beginning, or top, of the Discussion board. I find this in every forum I go to. Everyone should go there once in a while to see if any changes have taken place.

AndyH ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.