1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why fishs in ocean are not salty?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by traptraptrap, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traptraptrap

traptraptrap TS Member

I didnt remember which this question I asked to sombody before.
    Why fishs in ocean are not salty meat at all? God made that way so human can live? Some go from fresh water to ocean,,,,.
    Tony

2. traptraptrap

traptraptrap TS Member

Howdy, why not salty?

3. BMC

BMC Member

Why did my kids mother's hoo-hoo smell fishy?
    So if a sea going fish ate a snail, the snail wouldn't melt in its mouth?
    Hum, damn the trivia!

4. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Not even the rev Zara can top this!

Berettaman7

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ole'Tron seems a bit bewildered by this one!

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Because fishes don't drink.

7. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Why fishs in ocean arent salty?--------------- probably for the same reason that skunks don't stink when after ya cook em.

8. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

BMC, why didn't you help your wife's Hoo Ha by giivng it a good scrubbing from time to time? I suggest Pine Sol to get that outdoorsy smell or Massengil for that "spring time fresh smell." ..lol

Rick

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

you know guys it is real easy why your wife has a stink one, It is your fluids that cause it to be stinky. My hubby lost his prostate and he just gives me air up there. No more stinky! I love it, I don't have to use Lysol any more..
    except on the kitchen floor

10. BMC

BMC Member

Rick, that's her new husband's job. She could make a blue tic hound's nose cringe for all I care...LOL.

11. oletymer

oletymer Member

Another thread gone astray. You guys are too much.

12. chc

chc TS Member

marine fish are osmoregulators which tightly regulate their body osmolarity which always stays constant.

Osmoregulators actively control salt concentrations despite the salt concentrations in the environment.

The gills actively uptake salt from the environment. Water will diffuse into the fish so it excretes a very hypotonic urine to expel all the excess water. A marine fish has an internal osmotic concentration lower than that of the surrounding seawater so it tends to lose water and gain salt. It actively excretes salt out from the gills.

Most fish are stenohaline, which means they are restricted to either salt or fresh water and can cannot survive in water with a different salt concentration than they are adapted to. However, some fish show a tremendous ability to effectively osmoregulate across a broad range of salinities; fish with this ability are known as euryhaline species.

13. atagym

atagym TS Member

Most fish are osmoregulators, which means that they regulate their internal environment within a range that is suitable for proper cellular function. There are two types of osmoregulators: those that can tolerate only a small change in the solute concentration of their external environment, called stenohaline, and those that can deal with large changes in the solute concentration of their external environment, called eurohaline.
    There are both marine and freshwater osmoregulating fish. Freshwater fish are usually more concentrated than their environment, so without any regulation water would flow into their bodies from the external environment and their cells would burst. To prevent this, osmoregulating fish actively transport salts from their urine back into their blood -and excrete dilute urine (keeping salts and getting rid of water).

Marine fish face the opposite problem - they are usually in an environment that is more concentrated in salt than them. Without any regulation the high salt concentration of the ocean would draw all the water out of them. To prevent dehydration, marine osmoregulators drink salt water and actively transport salts to the environment with chloride cells on its gills. Salts are also excreted in the urine.
    Anadromous fish (fish that spawn in freshwater and then spend their adult lives in the sea) include lampreys, sturgeons, shad, herring, salmon, trout, and striped bass. Some of these fish go through metamorphosis, which involves major physiological changes within the fishes’ bodies. This metamorphosis is called smoltification, and in salmon it involves changes in just about every characteristic of the fish. One change that occurs in smoltification is an increase in chloride cells on the gills, in preparation for the active transport of ions across the gills. Many other changes occur, which based on fluctuations in levels of certain hormones within the fish.
    You will find more details about osmoregulation and smoltification in a fish biology or physiology textbook.

14. bobcatv

bobcatv TS Member

That did it. Time for a "Yo-Mama" joke.

Your mama's "Hoo-Hoo" is so stank, they had to put it on Fear Factor to get anybody to eat it.

Jeff

15. traptraptrap

traptraptrap TS Member

Yo,yo Now what a Ho-ho is?

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I thought the plural for fish was fishies?

17. flylta

flylta TS Member

But do you slat you fish and whip cream her hoo-hoo?

18. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

You guys are a bunch of sluts..

19. famill00

famill00 TS Member

The proper plural of fish is fishes. I was a biology major in college.

Forrest

20. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

If all the fish are the same species, the plural is fish. If there is a variey of species, it is fishes. As in "all the fishes in the sea". But a mess of bluegill is a lot of fish. Where's Literalist when you need him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.