1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Everybody Selling PFS Stocks?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

Why is everybody selling their PFS stocks? It seems like a lot of them for sale on here.

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Plain UGLY ! Jeff

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

How can you say "everybody". You get 2 or 3 that is not everbody, People sell and trade guns and then sell stock separately.

Don

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

"fits me like its an extention of my arms"

Now that says something.

5. vdt

vdt Active Member

here here

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

some people dont like them, or purchased a new gun and now want a new PFS. Also you can get close to what you paid on resale if cash is tight.

PS I love my PFS also....now if I could fix my eyes!!!

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

No way, I would sell mine. Not a chance..........

8. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

NOT sellin mine!!I thought i was everyone!!!

9. BUFFALO SOLDIER

BUFFALO SOLDIER Member

there ugly and to much extra crap to deal with its easier to have a custom stock

10. Smiley

Smiley Member

The thing that amuses me is that if you look good then you must be good so the P,K,very expensive gun must make me better.Great sentiment but in reality means S__T all as the gun is a tool to break targets and if your old cheap Rem 1100 get you 99% then keep using it .I have a god ugly PFS and will keep using it because it makes my shooting easy and less tiring.
    Smily

11. freddy01

freddy01 Member

GREAT PRODUCT Wish I had bought mine 10 years ago. Love it. Pretty don't break targets.

A friend of mine was flinching so bad he could not shoulder the gun. He got a PFS and is now back to shooting and shooting good.

Fred Dague

12. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The PFS is not for everyone.. Over half the people give up on it because they have money.. but lack the will to read the instruction book about 5 times.. cover to cover.. Despite what many people think.. they do not know how to fit a stock.. The PFS can get you there..but you need to know where "there" is.. I've used them successfully on myself.. and most of the people I help.. from here to Italy and back.. By the way.. Verns combs are especially helpful in getting a good cheekbone/comb fit..and also dresses up a basically ugly contraption.. Nevertheless...This picture speaks for itself.. I love them..
    perazzibigbore_2008_030318.jpg

13. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I'm not sure but I don't see too many big dogs using them---Why???---sjb---

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

They are ugly---what a shame to put on a nice looking gun---I'd rather give up a few targets than to use one of those---guess i'll never be AA if thats what it takes---gL---sjb---

15. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

SJB, you just have not looked at the right places,Clay Floyd is a BIG DOG,PFS is all he uses, and a few others....

16. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Most of the BIG DOGS are Shooting Stocks and Guns given to them to help w/sales

But some are using factory fit stocks also given to them.

My personal expierence on 2 of the PFS stocks were they were looose and they were new.

When you shouldered the gun, Mounted it, the Bbl would flex right, left and up and down, did not stay solid like the factory,

I showed the problem to the PFS people at the Grand in Vandalia was told this is normal.

Normal Sh*t, it should be tight, not pivot in bushings, on a new stock, this was on the early models, and it was on my new Ljutic at the time.

Just my personal exp.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

17. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Who are the others?and why don't they all use them if they will raise target count?---They are in it for the big bucks and they will use any device to win.
    I am from the old school---Love to see a nice piece of wood on a nice gun---Thats just me---gL---sjb---

18. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've owned a couple of PFS's and find them to work very well once set up properly. My only gripe is the torsional rigidity of the newer style is not up to par with my shooting style. I hard mount guns (too many years shooting slide guns to change) and this just isn't condusive for a PFS.

I would like to try an older unit sometime as I've heard they are much stronger torsionally.

The looks are kinda neat, I think. I'm a mechanical sort of guy anyway so it appeals to me on a different level.

If you are one of those shooters that has "tinkeritis", then you should stay away from a PFS. Once the fit is established, you should leave it alone!

ss

19. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

You'll see the Stock-lock being used by many big dogs.. Why..?? It's made to order for them.. If they need it altered.. I doubt they pay much.. if anything to have it done.. they work well too.. BUT..you and I can't tweek them much.. To the newer shooter..stock fit.. POI.. speed..all changes as they progress... then to the vintage shooter.. as age takes its toll..things again change.. There is no such thing as the lifetime stock.. or even gun for that matter.. It's a never ending.. changing problem we all face.. The PFS stock is lifetime.. not pretty.. but lifetime.. Not only does it reduce alot of perceived recoil.. it's fully adjustable for 90% of the shooters out there.. Now.. I don't reccomend them if your LOP is over 16".. Everyone else can be easily fitted.. The newer models have a HUGE amount of adjustment..I perfer the older models because of cost.. and it's what I'm use to.. Not that there is anything wrong with the newer model..just I started with the older one..and we're best friends.. Hope this helps.. All Good.. Mike

20. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Thanks Mike---You make sense and I am sure it helps many but I hope I never need it---sjb---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.