1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHY "EARLY BALLOTS"?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by birdogs, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The process of "early voting" is so prone to fraud that it should be eliminated. Why do we have "Election Day" if voters can vote weeks earlier? Absentee ballots are also subject to fraud but are probably inescapable. A voter should show up at the polls or not be allowed to vote unless illness or some other serious factors makes that impossible or impractical and such factors should be supported by some evidence.

It is interesting that several states could not get out ballots to sevicemen and women but can support such practices.

Voter fraud is a growth industry in many places just as it is an art form in others (Chicago). Early voting enables if not exacerbates these frauds.

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

WHY

I thought I would be in Colorado, not Idaho, next Tuesday, so I've already voted by absentee ballot. I had to show up at the voting station, show picture ID, have my name checked against the voter registration list, and sign a statement that I really was eligible to vote. How is that subject to fraud? Would you really rather have me sit this one out?

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

WHY

We here in WA have gone to ballots because the state said it would save them money, so they could waste it somewhere else is more like it.

Americans have gotten to lazy when it comes to voting as with alot of other things in general.

I miss the polling place, at least I was sure my vote was getting counted, not thrown in a waste basket or lost in the mail.

Oh ya, if you weren't regsistered, YOU DIDN'T GET TO VOTE! Gee I wonder why we had to go to mail in ballots???????

Illegals come to mind, hummmmm

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

WHY

In Orygun we vote by mail. Get the ballots a week or 10 days before the official date and permits studying a little more before making the selections. BUT it sure scares me there could be hanky panky with the system.....Bob Dodd

5. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

WHY

Early voting here in NC requires ID and Registration. It's a lot more convenient for me to go to the board of elections and vote early than go to the poll after work. There is a regular voting machine just like the poll so I doubt there is any hanky-panky going on there...

Bob

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

WHY

Absentee ballots are pretty much fraud proof. Too bad they usually never get counted and are usually not part of the final vote tally. HMB

7. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

WHY

Down here in Florida...Volusia County to be exact....We just had an arrest today for felony election fraud on the part of a local candidate who was caught, along with one of his aides...filling out absentee ballots for people who had no idea they were "voting"...to pump up his numbers in the EARLY VOTE.

I'm gonna try real hard to keep this next part civil....
    I believe our national elections to be something close to sacred. I further believe if there is one day on the calender that ought to be a NATIONAL HOLIDAY...Election day ought to be it. Voting is...well...it's what makes us who we are. Protecting the integrity of the electoral process is right up there ( with me anyhow...) with protecting our borders. It's NOT AN ACCIDENT that the same people who support all kinds of looseness in the electoral process..."early voting", so-called "motor-voter"..etc, are the same people who seem to believe in more open borders...amnesty for illegals, etc.
    If taking time out of your day to go to your polling place, stand in line, IDENTIFY YOURSELF, and all that "Stuff" is a little too inconvenient for you...
    Well...TOUGH S*IT. Personally...I always feel a little spark of pride...stand a little taller, and win or lose..feel better about our nation when I vote.
    If you don't...I feel sorry for you.

OK...rant over. Thanks for listening.

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

WHY

HMB

Isn't not counting absentee ballots a fraud?

I just thnk that voting is importanta ehough to require that the voter show up if possible. Voter fraud is rampant so why make iot easier to cheat?

I acknowledge that there may be legitimate reasons fof absentee ballots and they should be permitted but with very stringent safeguards. Handing in a peper ballot just scares me.

9. IM390

IM390 Member

WHY

Early ballots also do an injustice to the voting system. University of Wisconsin just completed a study on early voting and they found fewer people vote than if it wasn't available. They procastinate and don't vote like voting day. Get rid of it except for the armed forces overseas.

10. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

WHY

Well said Don Steele

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

WHY

birddogs,,,,my wife works 7 to 7 on the 2nd,,,,when should she and all others in her situation vote?????

12. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

WHY

.Big dog tx, I beleive that here in texas there are some laws that require an employer to let people have time off from work to vote. Do some reasearch before you spread the bs. If she wants to vote she can and do it on elecgtion day. Her employer can be severly fined if they do not let her have to time to vote. It's a big enuff deal that larger corps won't buck it. Push your point go vote, and ample time must be allowed to do such.

Bob

13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

WHY

The polls are open from 6am to 9pm. HMB

14. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

WHY

Big dog check out this link It was used in the earlier elections but will give you a complete picture of what voter rights are for each state in the union.

http://www.toolkit.com/news/newsDetail.aspx?nid=02-075voting

check it out
    \Bob

15. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

WHY

Don, why shouldn't I take advantage of the early opportunity when I driver right past the court house twice a day versus having to drive 20 miles one way to the polling place next Tuesday?

Is my patriotism any less than yours because I choose to exercise my right to vote early? Do I have any less right to complain about the outcome if I vote early? Because I vote early does it mean that I support open immigration?

The answer to all of the above is NO!!!

This year I either vote early or don't vote. I do care about the outcome of the election so I choose to vote early.

tom

16. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

WHY

No Tom...ABSOLUTELY NOT any less. I apologize if my earlier rant may have given that impression to anyone.
    I was merely expressing how I feel.

17. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

WHY

Seems to me it's early fraud made easy (does absence make the vote grow fraud err?. Even the dead likes to vote early. I'm really referring to absentee voting more so than early poll voting. Whether I'm right or wrong, it's just my opinion. BT-100dc

18. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

WHY

No more absentee voting, period.
    What about our troops?
    Their ballots are thrown away after being received or in most cases never sent to them.
    No more electronic voting, back to the paper push card. Chads will be chads.
    The punishment when caught must be carried out and be the same in all states, no interference from AG.

19. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

WHY

Txzephyr,,,,what bs???? I was just asking a question and pointing out a reason one reason of early voting and how it benefited her and others. If you didn't like my post, sorry, but you know .....

Maybe it would be easier if we would make the first Tuesday in November an American holiday and that would solve most of the problem....

20. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

WHY

I live in Maryland and voted Friday at the local senior center using the same digital workstations that will be used Tuesday to cast ballots. I'll be on business travel out of state next week so I appreciated the opportunity.

My polling station did not require ID. They asked my name and address, pulled it up on the computer and then asked my birth date to validate. Since I was registered everything matched up.

I don't see how early voting is any more vulnerable to fraud than voting on Tues.

Guy Babin