1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why don't they have a law..........

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BustClays, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BustClays

BustClays Member

Why don't they have a law that when the "kid" gets jail time, the "parent" gets jail time also (all the time)?

Anytime a kid (under 18) is arrested for a crime, the parent is arrested as an accessory!

Whenever they show that "Brinks Home Security" ad on TV, the one that has the bad guy breaking in and the home owner running to their phone in the bedroom, they should give equal time to what the end result would be if the home owner used "Smith & Wesson" security. Then we'd really see the bad guy head for the door!

When your magazine is empty, then call for assistance!

Anybody else slightly P O'd today?

bustclays

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Bustclays...

yeah, for some reason, I am hardwired to the slightly PO'd position today, and I don't know why.

I agree...parents should be responsible for the actions of their kids. I have a 4 year old, so i know I'm setting myself up. We had a bunch of kids here in Alaska vandalize a school as a part of their "senior prank". Most of us are probably familiar with the concept...but most of us didn't do over $20k in damages, either.

Anyway, kids got FELONY charges, which I think is hilarious. The radio was talking about it, and asked folks to call in and offer their opinions as to whether the parents should be on the hook too. I called, and said they should be.

DJ says that "you know, you can try and try, and sometimes you just can't get through to the kid...it's like they're on a different page."

My response: "that's why god created closets"

jeff

3. BustClays

BustClays Member

Why don't they have a law that when the "kid" gets jail time, the "parent" gets jail time also (all the time)?

Anytime a kid (under 18) is arrested for a crime, the parent is arrested as an accessory!

Whenever they show that "Brinks Home Security" ad on TV, the one that has the bad guy breaking in and the home owner running to their phone in the bedroom, they should give equal time to what the end result would be if the home owner used "Smith & Wesson" security. Then we'd really see the bad guy head for the door!

When your magazine is empty, then call for assistance!

Anybody else slightly P O'd today?

bustclays

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Bustclays...

yeah, for some reason, I am hardwired to the slightly PO'd position today, and I don't know why.

I agree...parents should be responsible for the actions of their kids. I have a 4 year old, so i know I'm setting myself up. We had a bunch of kids here in Alaska vandalize a school as a part of their "senior prank". Most of us are probably familiar with the concept...but most of us didn't do over $20k in damages, either.

Anyway, kids got FELONY charges, which I think is hilarious. The radio was talking about it, and asked folks to call in and offer their opinions as to whether the parents should be on the hook too. I called, and said they should be.

DJ says that "you know, you can try and try, and sometimes you just can't get through to the kid...it's like they're on a different page."

My response: "that's why god created closets"

jeff

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Think about what you are saying, a couple of months ago a 14 year old kid was

shot while burglarizing a house outside of Rockford, IL....his parents thought

he was at the movies....the 2 other kids with him were charged with murder

because some one was killed while they were committing a crime.

Should the parents also be charged??

tony

6. DJM

DJM Member

40 years ago I would have agreed with you 100%. But then we raised two boys and had the "golden boy/black sheep" combo. I believe we were good parents, set rules and stuck to them. But why so much trouble with the one raised in the same enviroment as the other, a straight A student athelete? I learned if they want to self destruct bad enough you will not stop them. You have control over yourself, your house, your vehicles and your pocketbook. But not over them. Don Miller

7. bocephus

bocephus Member

You are allowed to discipline your children today?

If I am going to be responsible for them I better have the right to punish bad behavior.

But with all the laws in place now preventing the parents from doing so maybe everytime a kid breaks the law every government official that helped take away parents rights should do jailtime for same crimes the kids did.

Wake up America!

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Parents don't or can't, demand respect and proper behavior;schools are put in situations that have parents proctecting children who are not following rules. Spank your kid and go to jail; I grew up in the sixties we were not the best behaved kids no doubt, however we paid a price for bad behavior and feared people in authority at least most of us did. Too many lawyers and liberals in this country allowing poor behavior and law breaking to go unpunished. Make parents responsible in a larger way for the behavior of their off spring and things would change. We need to stop making excuses for kids and make them pay a price.

9. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

bocephus has it completely right.

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

This thread presents some remarkable thinking from either people who have never raised a child or and maybe also are totally unaware of life and the surroundings thereof!

11. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Personal responsibility went out of fashion around the time liberalism entered the media. Can't blame the parents; they might blame the schools. The schools will blame the TV...... Shakespeare was right kill the lawyers.
    Joe

12. olddrill

olddrill TS Member

????????????????
    Where do you people get this shit? Lose your career and destroy your life because of something someone else does?

13. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Olddrill,

If they didn't have an offspring they wouldn't have to be responsible. Are you a liberal? I think a basic skills test should be administered before being allowed to breed. Would solve many social problems.
    Joe

14. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Now you know why some people vote like they do. Ditto the IQ test.

15. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

The simple fact is that lower IQ parents tend to have more offspring in this country. Ever wonder why there are so many liberals.
    Joe

16. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

BustClays:

The answer to your question “Why don't they have a law that when the "kid" gets jail time, the "parent" gets jail time also (all the time)” is that many parents are already in jail. It’s sad when a child shows you a prison photo of dad or mom.

Whatever you may think, the high majority of kids today are intelligent and have good behavior. However, it only takes one kid in the classroom to be a disruption.

The problems associated with educating children are documented all the way back to Aristotle.

To me, the most important thing about raising a child is the time parents spend with their children before the age of 10 years. You cannot, IMO, be a stranger and then, all of a sudden, be a respected parent. Please read to young children. If a child is a good reader, then IMO they will become a good student.

When you look at the family of today, many children do not have a stable home life. Many have only one parent and many families are “yours, mine and ours.” Yet, there are many more good families than dysfunctional families.

I thank God that, although my parents were of modest income, they raised four boys who all became successful adults. We paid for college on our own but mom and dad set the expectation that we were to be successful.
    ens.

When I worked in a bank, I observed that even children with ivy league educations can become big time crooks.

I had several students this year that were involved in the juvenile court process and some wore ankle bracelets. Something in the court process must have got their attention because their attendance improved and they made a better effort in the classroom. Somehow, they all passed. I hope that, whenever they pay their debt to society, that they will make good decisions and become productive citiz

Ed Ward

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I think a parent shold pay for all cost for court and the crime a child is involved with. If they can't pay, they work the cost off cleaning trash off the roads, with their kid.

18. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Shot410 probably says what i mean better than I did....the parents just can't throw up their hands because they "can't control their kids"

That's crap.

19. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

When seconds count, you local police are just minutes away.

20. ButchB

ButchB TS Member

and when your wife gets a traffic ticket, you do too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.