1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

why don't powder companies offer.......?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

...sample packs. Say enough powder to load 100 shells of their 4 most popular shotgun powders, 1/3lb would probably work well, so you could try 4 powders for a little more than 1lb of one powder would cost. I've seen sample packs offered for rifle powder before, i think hodgdon offers this. Would be better than having to buy a lb of whatever you wanted to try, and have 3/4 of the bottle left over b/c you didn't like it (which is why i'm sitting on a half full bottle of longshot right now LOL).

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

They do . Back when we still had a Grand I always got two or three samples .

3. rifle guy

rifle guy TS Member

What gauge you loading longshot in? I have found it is quite dirty in a 20ga at speeds under 1300fps.

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I use Longshot for handicap 28 ga loads.

5. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

In 1992 I shot the World Skeet Championships in Savanah GA one of my squad member was Tom Shepard (Hogden Powder) He had samples of the then new Universal Clays. I think they were like 4 or 5 0z bottles. I think that margins are so tight right now and there might be a liablity issue that giving samples just is not in the firms best interest.

Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.