1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why don

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Over the years, I have seen only a handful of All American shooters post on this site. The majority of them have the experience and knowledge to really answer questions constructively from new and veteran shooters a like.

Why don't more All American shooters participate in discussion on this site?
    Steve Balistreri

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Because, people with less/no experience only want to argue with them.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Because they don't have the qualifications and experience to post here. Being an all-American shooter, doesn't mean you qualify to run with Big-Dog Bullshitters, after all.

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I have never seen an argument on here.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I thought this was about BIGDON !

You mean like Leo (thru Karla), Kiner, Disinger, or Schaefer??

6. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

smoke:

Maybe it's because they would have to deal with guys like this...

One recent poster can't look at a picture and correctly distinguish a digital powder scale from a balance beam scale. A poster who nevertheless considers himself qualified to comment about powder scales.

sissy

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

LMAO......

Buzz,

Am I qualified? I don't know anything but I can BS with the best of 'em.

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Because they're out shooting instead of sittin' around talking about it.

How do ya think they got to be all-Americans?

Keller

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They tell it to you when you sign up for the clinics .. WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

grntitan, don't live in denial.

11. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Think it might be cause some of em on here act like ath-holes, so the rest of em don't want to associate?

GNeJ

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Have you read the Daro thread????

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Wouldn't You be afeared of us???

14. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Roger C has it right.Jerry

15. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM...........O.K., yeah..........sure, that's it.

16. senior smoke

I wish more of them would particpate as I am certain they would have a lot to offer especially for the newer shooters.

Would some of you take it easy on them for what they have accomplished in our sport, or are they fair game?
    Steve

17. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

There is a lot of, for lack of a better word "eliteism" in this sport. We all shoot trap, but not all look at the sport that way. Some feel that the only shooter is an ATA shooter. I shoot with a couple of guys like that and it is especially fun to kick their elitist behinds. And yes I do shoot a few registered birds. Bill

18. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I think there are two reasons and I arrive at them based upon many conversations with one All-American who no longer posts here as well as some others who never have and say they never will.

First, as has already been mentioned, some of our little group are, to quote that first All-American, "D-Class, 20-yard All-Americans" who tend to dispute what those more knowledgeable folks post. That wears on a guy. Asking for more information about something that a more knowledgeable or more experienced person posts is great; disputing that information without asking questions is just rude.

Another reason is the constant bickering and ridiculing that goes on from time to time from a handful of posters who 1)are technocrats who go to extremes to relentlessly prove their point regardless of its tedium and sleep induction, 2)believe the ATA is a scam and thinks everyone should agree with them, 3)believe the ATA is perfect and thinks everyone should agree with them and 4)enjoy ridiculing those who really don't know much about a topic but are brave enough to ask what the "knowledge base" considers to be stupid questions.

If you've been on this site for as many years as some of us have and search your memory, you will think of many people who no longer participate in this forum. Some of them can be found on ShotgunWorld.com and other sites. But even though I have cut back on my participation here, it remains in my mind the best site of its kind because of the depth and breadth of the experience our posters possess. I don't think there is a subject about which you can ask for advice for which someone does not have valid information that they are willing to share.

One way to look at Trapshooters.com is that we are successful in spite of ourselves. Another is to think how much more enjoyable we could make other people's visits here.

Ed

19. Duck

Duck Member

Thanks Ed!.

20. senior smoke

Ed:
    Very good thought out response. I have had a lot of threads over the years. Some people like them and some don't. I get a tremendous amount of PM's from shooters as some are nice responses and let's just say that some are not very complimentary.

I feel any time you write on a public type forum, you need to have a thick skin as it take two to tangle. My motto in life is that you attract more bees with honey than vinegar.

I wish more all Americans would participate as they would really help some of the shooters with their knowledge about our sport. The late D. Braun once said something like "that a 27 yd, AA shooter deserves our respect and admiration for what they have accomplished in our sport".

Regardless, great response.
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.