1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Doesn't My Stock Fit? Perazzi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Why Doesn

Guys,

I bought a used factory Perazzi stock the other day. Was going to put it on my MX10RS tonight, and it isn't wanting to go. Look @ pics. Any suggestions?
    woodsonent_2008_20056.jpg

woodsonent_2008_20057.jpg

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

rear tang needs to be fitted... and or the top lever release assembly needs to be inletted.. dremel tool.. long curved chisel.. glass bedding compound..

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Mike,

Thanks for the tip. I thought MX drop-out trigger stocks was a "fit-all". Looks like this will need a little prep work.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The older stocks where the top lever release pin is at 12 o'clock has extra wood on the side that needs to be removed for a Perazzi receiver with the top lever release pin at 9 o'clock.. Also.. some of the early tange..(especially under 80,0000 were smaller than some of the newer later numbered guns..) You'll need to open the rear hole up..and usually.. once I fit everything.. I glass bed the rear area of the stock with glass and woven glass cloth..It will keep the stock from splitting..

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

See what PBB said.

Looking at your pictures, seems this is an older stock, I'm not sure it's that old as PBB was referring to, if it is, the inlet has been cut, otherwise it'll won't go this far.

These stocks are relatively cheap consider you are putting it on a $10,000 gun. If you can't get it to work, find another one. Anything from the last 20 years are build on very close tolerance, they'll drop in.

6. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Mike & Steve,

The stock was on a gun that is newer than mine. Both Gen4.

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I am taking it to a stock-smith next week to have an adjustable buttplate put on. I will have him do the inletting.

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

It will take a fair stockman 5 minutes to make it right.. It took Doug.. Dan's brother at Giacomo mear seconds with a dremel tool and a rotary burr to do that job..

9. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Mike & Steve,

As always, your input and knowledge of Perazzi's is much appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.