1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Why doesent the ATA come out

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Beni, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beni

Beni Member

Just wondering why the ATA with all its members doesent come out in defense of all this gun ,ammo bull. Im sure there are a lot of smart people in this Giant membership,that can come up with some numbers of how these restrictions will hurt us and the local economies at our shoots big or small. We all need help now and need to make a stand together. Hey I paid my dues to the ATA too how many members have we got,that should be an awful lot of voices heard. beni

2. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Beni, I may be wrong but I think the ATA's Not For Profit IRS designation (501?) forbids lobbying or political involvement or something along that line.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A more public presence, presenting trapshooting as a safe and enjoyable hobby would not violate any 501 restrictions and would by its mere existence displace some of the vitriolic anti gun stuff in the media these days.

I dont know if there is money available for it, however.

HM

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

The link to the website i have provided explains 501(c)3's limitations on lobbying.

I think halfmile's idea is a good one and the NRA already has some of the best lawyers. Just send them some money. You don't have to join, but it would help, even for just a year. If 35.00 dollars a year seems to much, wait until you have to pay registration fees, State and Federal, and off site stoarge fees, because of some future law that gets by.

5. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Never fear Beni, you found us right here. (except for the trolls, that is)

I'm sure the ATA feels it is best to be PC and stay under the radar, as was suggested. I say WRONG ANSWER.

You never beat a liberal, or a whole congress full of them by being quiet. You stand up for your rights, make concise, coherant arguments,then you beat them to death with their own stupid backward thinking.

Don't think for a minute the African and his co conspirators aren't noticing how gun sales are through the roof. No guns on the shelves, no ammo to be had.They have opened a pandora's box they may regret opening. When I saw old battle axe Feinstein on tv the other day, I tried to call DC and see how much she wanted for the AR'S, I thought they were having a gun show right on the floor of the Senate!

Back to the original point, the ATA should be out front and loud.They are first and foremost a SHOOTING organization.If there are no more guns, who really gives a s**t when the Western Grand is?

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

So how many of you have wrote a letter to the editor in your local newspaper and stated your a member of the NRA, ATA and any other pro gun group in support of no more gun laws? Or is it easier to type a negative post here?

Just askin......

7. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Big difference between expressing public opinion and actually lobbying. The NRA does not lobby, that is why they have the ILA branch of he NRA.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The ATA EC and BOD have their hands full just cracking down on people who really do promote trapshooting but forget to post a daily fee in the program or separate it from the entry fees ... They can't be everywhere ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. Beni

Beni Member

I have written letters and email to lots of politcians also been on local radio. What we hear is these politicians hear the majority from the anti ' groups. My question still is how big are we from across the country,everyone,Im not a Lawyer but like i said Iknow we have alot of smart people in the ATA,maybe we could get a petetion started opposing all this new legislation on guns, ammo etc. Who cares what state your from make a stand now. how bout it. We are all in this together. beni

10. leagueniteshooter

leagueniteshooter TS Member

I would recommend going to ruger.com, and then click on the blue box that says "Take action now"
    Fill out your address, and they have a prewritten letter on protecting your gun rights. It will go to all your representatives, congressmen, etc..
    depending on the state you live in. Easiest and best one I have seen yet.
    Your correct. We, the silent majority, need to speak up.

11. Beni

Beni Member

Ruger does have an excellant site and have used it and recommended it to all,evan posted it in the clubs,we need to keep going. beni

12. leagueniteshooter

leagueniteshooter TS Member

Thanks Beni, Yes this definetly needs to keep going !! You have just given me a good idea about posting the Ruger site at my gun club. Thanks again.

Mike Isebrand

13. Beni

Beni Member

Too bad we cant get petions going at all of our local clubs defending our rights all these small clubs joining together can make a loud voice, dont let the gov. sweep us under the rug,help make a stand beni

14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Beni,

Some clubs give same reason, many of them are non profit and believe they cannot get involved.

A little mis information goes a long way.

15. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

The ATA has it's own problems. Including trying to figure out how they'll get good attendance at this years Grand American without the Martin's $$$$.

blade819

16. Beni

Beni Member

Just trying to beat the drum a little,trying to stir the troops if you will. Tell me if Im wrong but dont us, u shooters support and keep these clubs going. Dont tell me you go there with out guns and ammo to shoot,which so far is still protected by our second amendment rights. Whats wrong here is the gov. expects us to not join together not get involved whats wrong with signing a petition to help all protect our second amendment rights. Blade someday there might not be a Grand American to attend,lets try to make a stand now so our grand kids can shoot later. How can we not get involved we are all gun owners enthusiasts shooters hunters and citizens of a govt. unwilling to listen to reason. Gheese dont u guys like to shoot. By the way where is the mis information beni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.